Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm curious if anyone has found there to be a significance between the location of your lambo and its ability to sell private party?

Do buyers only search within a certain radius from where they live or are they willing to look nationally for the car they want and have it shipped? This can vary based on car/enthusiast, so let's use a Gallardo for reference.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
I think being in Hawaii is somewhat of a handicap when trying to sell, but I could be wrong. Every time I sold one of mine it was through the local dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can definitely see that. @Russk did you consign through the dealer or sell it back to them? Austin dealership wants 7.5% commission plus fees to keep the car clean while it's on the lot (consignment).

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I can definitely see that. @Russk did you consign through the dealer or sell it back to them? Austin dealership wants 7.5% commission plus fees to keep the car clean while it's on the lot (consignment).

I only charge 5% and have had quite a few cars shipped here from Hawaii...average about $600 on the boat

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Mine were all trade ins.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If location does apply to the ability to sell a Lamborghini, it probably isn't much.

A Lamborghini is pretty rare. Unless you are in a very big city, your local options will probably be extremely limited. For example, I searched my local area of Portland Oregon and there are a total of 7 Lamborghini cars for sale within 50 miles on CarGurus. Not 1 Gallardo. There are 2 Gallardo that have home delivery offered in the listing.

When you are buying a 6 figure car, a couple thousand to have the perfect car shipped to you is not that big of a deal.

If someone is in the middle of nowhere, it might create some hassle for buyer's. However, I think potential buyers are looking far and wide, so I wouldn't expect it to be a major issue.

·
Administrator
3,672 Posts
I do not think location plays a big role. I do, however, think it would make it a tad bit more complicated if it's in Hawaii. As far as consignment goes, this is why it's important to have a relationship with the dealerships. I haven't paid even close to 5% to a franchise Lambo dealer to consign any of my cars.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm a buyer and my search parameters spans the entire country, because there's only 27 Gallardos for sale in Canada and +-50 Huracans total. About 40 of the H don't count in my eyes as I think they are way overpriced and out of budget.

So when I'm ready to pull the trigger wherever it is it has to be shipped to me. Most probable sight unseen.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
I am not surprised Austin is asking for 7.5%. That is a bit steep. Have tried Dallas and Houston?

·
Administrator
3,672 Posts
Austin also offers big money on cars. They do not lowball on trade value at all.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
Austin also offers big money on cars. They do not lowball on trade value at all.
I tried buying preowned from Austin over a year ago and at the time they were a bit high compared to other dealerships.

Reactions: ChipDiamond

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not surprised Austin is asking for 7.5%. That is a bit steep. Have tried Dallas and Houston?
I haven't called those dealers yet. I might be relocated to an area where I can't use my car for more than a couple months a year - which is boring to me. Rather have someone enjoy it than have it hooked to a trickle charger in the garage.

Have just debated if it will sell in Central Texas or if I ship it to Scottsdale to my parents house to list it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
I haven't called those dealers yet. I might be relocated to an area where I can't use my car for more than a couple months a year - which is boring to me. Rather have someone enjoy it than have it hooked to a trickle charger in the garage.

Have just debated if it will sell in Central Texas or if I ship it to Scottsdale to my parents house to list it.
The way the market is now I can't imagine it would be all that hard to sell. Have you thought about listing on the forum?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Never limited my search to any geographic area. I live in a small town in Northeast Ohio. No dealers close by. When I’m in the market, anything goes. Extensive research is the key. Shipping is cheap compared to the price of the car. You find what you want and work out and negotiate the deal. My Performante came from Canada.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Never limited my search to any geographic area. I live in a small town in Northeast Ohio. No dealers close by. When I’m in the market, anything goes. Extensive research is the key. Shipping is cheap compared to the price of the car. You find what you want and work out and negotiate the deal. My Performante came from Canada.
I would not hesitate to buy from anywhere in the US if I could, but the local dealer made it very difficult for me when I did. My first 2 cars, 2008 & 2012 were purchased through LNB and I had a heck of a time getting my cars serviced much less anything other things I wanted done. I since established a good relationship with them and I would just as well keep it that way.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
Sounds like that’s because they’re buying high?
You could be right. They may be great to sell them your car but not so great to buy from them unless you're buying new at MSRP.......though, that's just a WAG. I believe @Jr Mint has more first hand experience with said dealership.

·
Administrator
3,672 Posts
Their pricing isn’t bad at all…have been doing deals with them since they opened. Their inventory moves quickly for a reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess it's worth getting a quote from them to buy it from me!

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll save the $1,500 and not ship it to AZ, if I end up being relocated. Should know next month.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
I guess it's worth getting a quote from them to buy it from me!

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll save the $1,500 and not ship it to AZ, if I end up being relocated. Should know next month.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts