Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the standard factory warranty and is it possible to purchase an extended warranty for used Lambo's?

Tks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ben on this board has a company that does that. You can contact him for more info. I know they cover most problems other than wear and tear

·
Registered
85 Posts
I never tout my own services online unless someone asks what is available. That being said, www.exoticwarranty.com is my company that offers extended warranties on Lamborghinis and all other exotics. Any make or model qualifies regardless of age or mileage. To save you time, my company is the only company that offers policies on Lamborghinis, there are zero others that do so.

The Lamborghini factory warranty is for 2 years and unlimited miles or 24,000 miles, cant recall which. The only reason for the warranty is because DOT requires at least a 2yr/24k warranty with every brand new car in the United States. i.e., it's the law. Otherwise, I doubt you'd see any warranty from Lamborghini or many other exotic manufacturers.

-Ben

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ben thanks for the info ! I'll check out the web page and PM you with any questions I may have .

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
cchris said:
WOW 100,000 km it's like lifetime warranty... are you sure? Does it trasfer to the 2nd owner?
Yes, I'm sure, and it does. But it doesn't really matter because 24 months will be up long before 100,000km is reached (if it ever is!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just submitted info to your web site

Hey Ben - I just emailed a request for more info on your site. I'm interested in the extended warranty for my 2003 Murcie.

Thanks!
Jeremy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm, guess the exotic warranty business didn't work out for old Ben, or anyone who bought it?

The website www.exoticwarranty.com now goes to http://www.floridainsurancereceiver.org/

which looks like a place where failed insurers end up to be liquidated or something.

I found this thread initially from doing research on extended warranties and talking to some high end exotic dealers who said not to bother because of any of the warranties they'd recommended to their customers in the past - a total of none of the claims sent in did they ever see approved.

Does anyone have any updated info on any reputable company that really has a warranty for any kind of exotic? Or is it simply not even worth considering.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I inquired about extended warranties too at one point and was told the same thing. You buy the policy and when something actually does need fixing it's rejected because the company believes it was caused by abuse.

I personally would only trust big name companies for extended warranties on any car and seeing as how no big company offers one on exotics like this, that's probably a sign...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd have to agree, it's almost financially impossible to run a warranty company like that because:

A. There's not enough vehicles sold of this type compared to regular types of cars and

B. Any repair is often a big repair and occurs wayyy more often than it would on a regular car

C. And in addition to being a major repair, the repair is expensive, like replacing a clutch, etc.

So it seems like that's the angle they take - that they won't cover it because of 'abuse'. Seems like the only abuse is the warranty company taking advantage of the customer. And these were sales people at the dealerships that were selling used exotics telling me this, so it's probably right on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why is it when I click on the warrnty company link I am re-directed to the State of Flordia Commissioner for bankrupt insurance companies ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts