Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m due to get my new to me Aventador S Roadster delivered next weekend.

What’s the deal with the sports and corsa mode?
From what iv gathered is the sports mode setting is more rear wheel and less traction control to let some oversteer? and corsa mode is 4 wheel drive with full traction control?

I think Iv watched every AV YouTube video that’s ever been published, and people only seem to discuss about the settings adjusting the transmission, steering and suspension settings.

I previously had a 458 and in race mode it fully turned off the traction control.

So I thought I’d ask the question before I end up wrapping myself around a tree

Thanks in advance for the answer!

·
Registered
SVJ Roadster, Ferrari 16M, 83 Ferrari 308 GTB QV, Ferrari Roma
45 Posts
I’m not sure that is correct on the 458. The traction control is very limited in Race mode, but still there unless you manually shut it off.

Ferrari Manettino Driving Modes
While the options and naming of each Ferrari driving mode may differ from model to model, you can generally expect to see the following options on a manettino dial:
  • Snow / Ice Mode: Maximizes the intervention of the stability and traction control systems and significantly restricts performance to maintain driver control in slippery conditions.
  • Low Grip / Wet Mode: Optimizes for stability on both wet and dry surfaces in part by optimizing the suspension to provide a comfortable ride without impeding handling in rainy conditions or on gritty roads.
  • Sport Mode: The default setting, which is designed to balance stability, performance, and safety.
  • Race Mode: Optimized for the racetrack, enhances gear-shifting times and minimizes the influence of stability- and traction-control systems.
  • Comfort Mode: Emphasizes a smooth, comfortable driving experience at the expense of peak performance. This is for the highway rather than the track.
  • ESC-OFF Mode: For expert drivers only! This driving mode disables the car’s Electronic Stability Control system entirely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m due to get my new to me Aventador S Roadster delivered next weekend.

From what iv gathered is the sports mode setting is more rear wheel and less traction control to let some oversteer? and corsa mode is 4 wheel drive with full traction control?

I think Iv watched every AV YouTube video that’s ever been published, and people only seem to discuss about the settings adjusting the transmission, steering and suspension settings.

I previously had a 458 and in race mode it fully turned off the traction control.

So I thought I’d ask the question before I end up wrapping myself around a tree

Thanks in advance for the answer!

From what I gather - sports mode is a little more playful, you can over steer easier in it etc - when I put the car in Corsa the traction goes from sports traction to traction off - so to answer your question based on my findings - Corsa mode is technically traction off - however, I notice that in order to launch the car you still have to go and manually further turn off the traction control which leads me to believe that even though once in Corsa mode and the traction control says its off, its still on in some sense.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So when I was at milbrook we tested the various settings on the skidpan. These are what I found on that day:

Strada: Very aggressive cut in of ECU to keep the car in check. Even with ESC off it wouldnt let you get out of shape without pulling power or shunting the brakes.

Sport: Minimal cut in. Allows some drift/wiggle on the backend but will nudge you back in line quite subtly. Will only pull power once completely out of shape but if you ever got into that situation on road/track you gonna need a lot of room to bring it back. Felt like it did some trickery with the front drive/diff on straightening to pull the car out.

Sport-ESC off: On your own, once grip lets go its all you to save it, the front end trickery felt apparent again however.

Corsa: Same as sport

Corsa-ESC off: sale as sport esc off.

These are just my subjective comments after pushing the car to the limit and over the limit to see what it will do to help me if I get in trouble. But basically in terms of the traction control I couldnt find anything different between Sport and Corsa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when I was at milbrook we tested the various settings on the skidpan. These are what I found on that day:

Strada: Very aggressive cut in of ECU to keep the car in check. Even with ESC off it wouldnt let you get out of shape without pulling power or shunting the brakes.

Sport: Minimal cut in. Allows some drift/wiggle on the backend but will nudge you back in line quite subtly. Will only pull power once completely out of shape but if you ever got into that situation on road/track you gonna need a lot of room to bring it back. Felt like it did some trickery with the front drive/diff on straightening to pull the car out.

Sport-ESC off: On your own, once grip lets go its all you to save it, the front end trickery felt apparent again however.

Corsa: Same as sport

Corsa-ESC off: sale as sport esc off.

These are just my subjective comments after pushing the car to the limit and over the limit to see what it will do to help me if I get in trouble. But basically in terms of the traction control I couldnt find anything different between Sport and Corsa.
Amazing thanks for the info! It’s exactly what I needed to hear! I get the car delivered Wednesday and with it now being close to freezing in the Uk and roads are like a skid pan all the time I think I’ll be leaving it in Strada!

just praying for some clear dry sunny days now what will be a miracle in the UK this time of year!

·
Registered
Aventador S / 600 LT Spyder / S63 AMG Cab
21 Posts
Congrats on the purchase... Don't forget the brakes won't work until warmed up either...
where are you located?
I always use mine in ego mode with the settings in engine - Corsa, steering and suspension both in strada.
Curious did you get much off the asking price?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Amazing thanks for the info! It’s exactly what I needed to hear! I get the car delivered Wednesday and with it now being close to freezing in the Uk and roads are like a skid pan all the time I think I’ll be leaving it in Strada!

just praying for some clear dry sunny days now what will be a miracle in the UK this time of year!

Best tip I can give, get rid of the crap Pirellis that it will likely come with and get some MPS4S on instead.

Pirellis in the UK are absolutely garbage in the middle of summer, let alone the cold or winter. The MPS4S will give you a fighting chance at least :)

Also be aware of how the geo and suspension on this car is set up, it will be highly unsettled driving at low speeds even with Strada. One of those, only take it out if you absolutely have to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the purchase... Don't forget the brakes won't work until warmed up either...
where are you located?
I always use mine in ego mode with the settings in engine - Corsa, steering and suspension both in strada.
Curious did you get much off the asking price?
Thanks mate! Ah yeah the dreaded ceramics, had a few hairy moments back in the day in the 458 when id open it up on some country lanes before warming the brakes up, felt like i was trying to slow a tank down for the bend!

I’m based in Manchester, are you local to the north west?

so when you have yours set in EGO, when the engine setting is in corsa mode would the traction/ESC be the same as it would be set in Corsa? Or is the traction/ESC based on the suspension or steering setting?

Got a little bit off the asking price and got a service in with it as it wasn’t due for another 4 months so for used and approved main dealer they require the service to be due within 3 months in order to them to do it, so iv got a fresh 12 months before its due in again for a service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best tip I can give, get rid of the crap Pirellis that it will likely come with and get some MPS4S on instead.

Pirellis in the UK are absolutely garbage in the middle of summer, let alone the cold or winter. The MPS4S will give you a fighting chance at least :)

Also be aware of how the geo and suspension on this car is set up, it will be highly unsettled driving at low speeds even with Strada. One of those, only take it out if you absolutely have to.

Cheers thanks for the advice!
Yes its got the Pirelli‘s, in fact very car iv looked at had the Pirelli‘s i thought they were the only ones who made them at that size from what the YouTube reviews stated that the tyres were specially designed from Pirelli for the aventador S’s.
From my past experience iv always found pirellis wear on the side walls extremely prematurely compared to other brands.

Yeah I’ll get the feel of the car first before i start to open it up!

Can’t wait now iv never been so excited, i keep waking up in the night thinking of the car!

·
Registered
Aventador S / 600 LT Spyder / S63 AMG Cab
21 Posts
I am Essex based, so a bit far away, regarding the traction settings I am unsure, but I never turn the esc button off as I am driving the cars 3rd party only, due to Insurance claims and points.... Not ideal but i have no choice.
The 4wd is very rwd biased anyway and in normal dry road conditions, loss of traction has only happend in rainy conditions. I drive the car hard all the time when dry and the tyres are warm etc, then grip is fantastic.
The brakes are also very very good in my opinion (when warm etc).
The esc/traction settings are certainly not over assisted if that is your concern.
The mps4s have only been made avaliable possibly within 6 months / 1 year max, as they never used to make them in aventador size, but I am glad they do now, and I will be replacing mine with them. The rears are also alot cheaper as well.
Have done 13k over 2 years in mine and still love it.
Exhaust to be fitted to mine shortly, and then off for a detail as the black paint shows the swirl marks so easily.
A quick link to when my car was detailed last time, but I have done 10k miles since this video, and needs to be redone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Keep in mind the Pirelli tires aren’t designed for cold weather temperatures. Aside from sketchy traction, if it’s cold enough, it could damage the tires.

“ Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.”

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am Essex based, so a bit far away, regarding the traction settings I am unsure, but I never turn the esc button off as I am driving the cars 3rd party only, due to Insurance claims and points.... Not ideal but i have no choice.
The 4wd is very rwd biased anyway and in normal dry road conditions, loss of traction has only happend in rainy conditions. I drive the car hard all the time when dry and the tyres are warm etc, then grip is fantastic.
The brakes are also very very good in my opinion (when warm etc).
The esc/traction settings are certainly not over assisted if that is your concern.
The mps4s have only been made avaliable possibly within 6 months / 1 year max, as they never used to make them in aventador size, but I am glad they do now, and I will be replacing mine with them. The rears are also alot cheaper as well.
Have done 13k over 2 years in mine and still love it.
Exhaust to be fitted to mine shortly, and then off for a detail as the black paint shows the swirl marks so easily.
A quick link to when my car was detailed last time, but I have done 10k miles since this video, and needs to be redone.

I wont be turning ESC off thats for sure and i even have fully comp insurance! You’ve got bigger nuts than me pushing a AV hard on 3rd party insurance!
Can’t you get fully comp even through a broker? Online i was being quoted £6k on the AVS roadster (age 35 with no years no claims) with some un heard of insurance company, a friend put me in touch with his broker who sorted it for £3.5k with all the bells and whistles. Although online for a Coupe i was getting quotes for £1.5k even if they was SV’s! I don’t understand how they could quote 4x more for having a small part of the roof removable.

So that detailing video you only had 3k miles on the clock? The paint swirls looks terrible do you store it outside?
Iv just built my home and done a purpose built garage with the same lights detailers have in their units, all my detailing products are arriving today from Amazon! Basically built my home around the Aventador lol.

Your car looks absolutely stunning, its the perfect combination for me. Around 30 years ago i fell in love with the black countach on the movie cannon ball run and ever since then iv always dreamt of owning a black Lamborghini, and yours reminds me of the black countach with the silver wheels but a modern day version.
Mine’s black with black wheels, i personally would have preferred silver wheels but there’s limited choice on the used market .

What exhaust are you going for? That Star Dropper exhaust Kindai has sounds phenomenal!
Id love to put one on mine but it would void the CPO warranty thats on it, i might start by disconnecting the vacuum hoses or getting a valve controller on it, as the AVS seems too quiet at low RPM for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep in mind the Pirelli tires aren’t designed for cold weather temperatures. Aside from sketchy traction, if it’s cold enough, it could damage the tires.

“ Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.”

I think ill be looking at sticking a set of Michelins on then, here in the UK we’re lucky if we get a day over 7 degrees celsius!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts