Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my Countach today the engine temp gauge pegged at the top and I smelled antifreeze. I popped the bonnet and found a clear tube (green with antifreeze) coming down out of the radiator overflow can near the bulkhead (see pic #1) on the left side. The other end had become disconnected was hanging down and melting on the headers, (see pic #2).

It comes straight down, goes under a rusty c-clip, and heads backwards towards the radiators. I can replace it, but I have no idea what it is suppose too connect to. I cannot see or feel a male connection that a tube would slide onto.

Please if you have any idea I would appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The green one is the water drain from the roof.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Raymond, but it turns out the tube is question is just a drain tube for radiator overflow. This morning I bled the system to remove any air bubbles. It turns out that the radiator fans will not turn on. I'm guessing a bad thermostat. Can somebody give me the part number for a thermostat for a '86 Countach, and where to buy it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
john said:
Thanks Raymond, but it turns out the tube is question is just a drain tube for radiator overflow. This morning I bled the system to remove any air bubbles. It turns out that the radiator fans will not turn on. I'm guessing a bad thermostat. Can somebody give me the part number for a thermostat for a '86 Countach, and where to buy it?

From the parts manual - for euro downdraft QV:
Thermostat p/n 001701645
Gasket p/n 001705504

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Before you change the thermostat, bridge the wires to check if it's really the thermostat switch, normally the Bosch-Relais are shot, the relais cost $10/piece the thermostat switch is about $75.

If you connect the ground wire at the thermostat switch with the others the fan should switch on, the system is ground driven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts