Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Anyone know the history of this car? I'm looking for a murci to rebuild and this one seems in the realm of possibilities but wanted to see if anyone had any additional information on it before pursuing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can't comment on the history but looking at the photos that is a VERY expensive repair. Take a hard look at parts prices and you will see $20K bumper, $10K headlight, $4K mirror, etc. Even buying used and with all your labor free, $50-60K will sail out of your wallet before you know it. Also expect to hold on to the car for a LONG time because accident repair cars are toxic especially those just repaired.

·
Premium Member
SVJ Yellow, SVJ Blue, SVJ Gray, SVJ Roadster White, Gray SV, Red SV, Green Perf, Orange Gallardo
22 Posts
This actually happened near where I live. This car was upside down against a telephone pole. Resting on the side that’s missing.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I've spoken to the seller. It appears to be some very expensive damage done just behind the passenger side front wheel and IMO wouldn't be cheap to fix. He told me he's had offers above 127k but at that price I just don't see you making that much $$ after all your work... or money spent for the work.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've spoken to the seller. It appears to be some very expensive damage done just behind the passenger side front wheel and IMO wouldn't be cheap to fix. He told me he's had offers above 127k but at that price I just don't see you making that much $$ after all your work... or money spent for the work.
He should take those offers and run! If that car was fully repaired, with that damage history, I would be surprised if you could get $150K for it. You would have to do it for the love of it, because you'll definitely be underwater on this project.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I agree. I told him my offer would be under 100k if I came up to look at it and he said he would pass due to the other higher offers. I told him to "take it" as well..

·
Premium Member
SVJ Yellow, SVJ Blue, SVJ Gray, SVJ Roadster White, Gray SV, Red SV, Green Perf, Orange Gallardo
22 Posts
D9665279-076E-436A-90D2-9D4EA92010E3.png
Sorry I stand corrected not upside down but,

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sorry I stand corrected not upside down but,
Well, hold on a second, you could have to correct your correction. That's not same car. The one in those pics is a Pre-LP Murci, and the eBay ad is an LP640.

It's not even the same interior color pattern.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Well, hold on a second, you could have to correct your correction. That's not same car. The one in those pics is a Pre-LP Murci, and the eBay ad is an LP640.

It's not even the same interior color pattern.
You are correct what are the odds two Murci roadsters similar specs in the same area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed. I obtained pictures of the car from it's most recent auction at Copart. There is definitely more damage to the passenger-side frame and suspension components than he was willing to divulge. I also was unable to get any information regarding the attempted repairs other than that the accident "wasn't all that bad" and that the bumper was reattached, regardless of the pictures showing some welding work had been done, driver's airbag replaced, etc. He was also playing hard ball at the $125k which just doesn't make sense for the work required to make the car right again.

I had figured if I could pick it up in the 70k range then it would be worth my resources to have an LP640 for relatively cheap at the end of the day.

Here are the pictures I obtained for anyone else interested in the vehicle:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I went a week ago to see this car. It definitely needs some love. The passenger door opens and shuts ok but it really is out of alignment at the top of the wing or whatever it's called.

It could be fixed of course with time and money. It had been sitting there for quite some time with the front lift up which I thought was bad for the systems.

Battery dead of course. The "salesman" lol of course said he had someone REALLY interested so I should think about it if I wanted the car.

Supposedly the guy who owns it does not have the best reputation in the "community" of rebuilders if you know what I mean.

Now, I probably would trade my 07 g spyder for it cause I love trying to take something broken and fix it.. but to me it ain't worth the asking price and if he did have an offer of 127k he's cra cra for not taking it.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I said anything under a 100k (preferably 90k or less) would be a good deal! yes, when I spoke to them they seemed "rushed" as they "had offers" for over 130k already, which we all know now is BS.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I said anything under a 100k (preferably 90k or less) would be a good deal! yes, when I spoke to them they seemed "rushed" as they "had offers" for over 130k already, which we all know now is BS.
He paid 95k for it plus copart fees plus delivery etc etc probably paid too much to say the least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts