Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been in the market to add a clean LP640 to my stable for a long time and was curious if anyone knows this car or the history on this 2008 LP640 in Verde Ithica at Lamborghini Palm Beach? I've been a long time lurker and just bought my first Lamborghini about a year ago. I've fallen in love and want to add a second to the stable. This car was my poster car growing up and I'm drooling at the opportunity to own one. I've just been waiting for the right one to come along.

https://www.lamborghinipalmbeach.co...ni-murcielago--west-palm-beach-fl-id-44115394

I was curious if anyone knows this car/vin, or its history. I searched the VIN and I saw a few photos for a previous auction a few years ago. I am concerned about the maintenance history, but appears to be a clean example besides being annually serviced to my knowledge. No real in length paper trail for records. It also hasn't driven much. Both concern me, but from what I'm told it's a great car in fantastic shape. Just want to get feedback since I haven't seen or driven it in person.

Does anyone have any opinions of this car, experience when buying their car and any recommendations to look for or ask about for my PPI? Here are the major questions I was able to get answered so far:
1) Clutch was replaced less than 500 miles ago and shows only 3% wear currently. The unique thing is that the clutch was replaced in 2016. Very few miles driven since then.
2) I noticed foggy headlights in photos. I confirmed this, but that doesn't freak me out too much. I'm comfortable working on cars. I've seen a few helpful threads on here and also am aware of a service that will help with that if needed. I've also heard its quite common on these cars.
3) Car has new tires.
4) Car is getting a proper 14 year service and all fluids changed.
5) Car previously had aftermarket rims, but I was told they were the right size/spec to not hurt the diffs. I'm a little uneasy on that, but again the car doesn't have many miles.
7) Car has had the front windshield replaced in 2016 with OME at the dealership. Not sure of the cause - I assume rock chip.
8) Paint appears to be in good condition. A few tiny small items I was told, but nothing out of the ordinary. The back side skit does have a few as well from pebbles getting thrown. Quite common as well from what I know.

Anything major that I'm missing?

I've always inspected my cars personally when I buy them, typically off market, so this process is new to me and welcome and help/advice. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this car, anything you know about this one in particular, anything you notice as well as any advice you would have for me.

I value these forms and try to contribute where I can. Thank you for reading and your input!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Looks like a nice car that's worth making the trip to go inspect it and drive it in person, and then close a deal if it all checks out. Test every button to make sure everything is working, and see if they'll put it on a lift for you to inspect since you're comfortable working on cars, you'll know if there's something leaking or damaged.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Make sure the dealer does an oil change, front and read differential oil, gearbox oil, power steering flush, brake flush, engine air filters, cabin filters, oil filter, fuel filter and anything else I missed. The PPI will go over all visible hoses and belts. If you can go see it in person and test drive that would be best. Talk to the mechanic, if it is in good shape go for it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone! I'm beyond excited to take delivery! I've been dreaming of this day since the the Murcielago came out. I held out for the Verde Ithica! I was worth the wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts