Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this question has been bothering me ever since I started to like the car. I must know, do you have to drop the engine of the Gallardo for major services? I was informed that you do not have to do this for the Murcielago because there is so much room around the engine of it. Looking at pictures of the Gallardo it looks as if you do have to, but I just need confirmation. Thanks in advance.

-Dimitri

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
ltadmin said:
As long as Your FCARSFOREVER who cares???, even if the engine has to come out like FCARS it's not your concern!!!

LOL!!!
WOW!

Anyway, what would it matter? Ferrari's that need the motor out for service are more than I can remember, just a few are:

348's
355's
ALL Testarossa's
F-40
F-50

Shall I go on?
:whip:

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that almost all of the ferrari's need the engine out, but I am talking about a Gallardo, not a ferrari. PLEASE help me out.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
FCars4Ever said:
I know that almost all of the ferrari's need the engine out, but I am talking about a Gallardo, not a ferrari. PLEASE help me out.
OK,OK but why has it been bothering you? there are no belts to change on Lamborghini's, they have timing chains not belts like ferrari's so if the motor had to come out it wont be for a long time unless you beat on it and bust the clutch. HOWERVER, I will try and find out for you.....

Just remember after 5 years the engine has to come out of a ferrari for the belt service no matter the miles, but a Lamborghini has no such expense required.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony_Lambo said:
OK,OK but why has it been bothering you?
Why is it bothering me? I guess cause I have such an interest in the car that I want to know the car in and out. Thanks for the info so far. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
No doubt the engine may have to come out for some major repairs, but I have not heard of this being required for any normal service.

I know that the clutch and gearbox are replaceable without removing the engine. The rear body work of the car comes off, allowing good access to everything behind the engine including transmission and exhaust.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bunkhound said:
No doubt the engine may have to come out for some major repairs, but I have not heard of this being required for any normal service.

I know that the clutch and gearbox are replaceable without removing the engine. The rear body work of the car comes off, allowing good access to everything behind the engine including transmission and exhaust.
Thanks a lot for the info. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello,

I never knew about this panel removal, sounds like intelligent engineering.

If possible, can I see a Gallardo with the rear panels removed for full engine service/ repairs.

Photo/ Workshop manual jpeg?

Anyone removed the panels themselves...time to do, difficulties.

I am very interested in this and perhaps other co-members are too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Kenny94945 said:
If possible, can I see a Gallardo with the rear panels removed for full engine service/ repairs.
I've seen one at my dealer - the gearbox was removed - but, sorry, I don't have any details on the proceedure, or how long it takes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
5hours???????????????

Webbo said:
It takes 5 hours (labour rate at least) to fit a clutch.
are you sure about the 5 hours? my dealer told me 20 hours and complete engine an gearbox removal for the gallardo clutch change.. :confused:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
20 hours is what they tell you but it can be done in 5-6 hours by a good mechanic. The engine remains in the car. If the dealer is telling you that the engine has to come out they are full of crap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks

detour_racing said:
20 hours is what they tell you but it can be done in 5-6 hours by a good mechanic. The engine remains in the car. If the dealer is telling you that the engine has to come out they are full of crap.
thank a lot david ,its really helpful,i am going tomorow mornin to change my clutch(700km) , i was nervous about the engine removal ,now i know it wont happen..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts