Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

When your out in your Lamborghini or any other 'cool' car do you get mad when people come up to you and have a real conversation and not just the "ohhh its shiny".

And does it matter if they come up to you when you arrive or should they try to get you when your leaving. And, if you can, could you tell me an appropriate place to have a convo (i.e. Gas Station?, store parking lot?, etc...)

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to know proper etiquette and not make people upset. I know everyone's different with their preferences, but if you could just tell me them anyways.

--August

·
Registered
818 Posts
SLT August...I will ALWAYS talk to anyone that approaches me to ask about my car or just to complement me on the car! So far everyone that has approached me has been pretty polite and respectful. I would say if you were to come across a person with a car that you were intersted in talking to them about, I would just be polite first and second just be yourself because we've all met "that guy"......you know the one....yea I have this and I can afford that but right now I.....etc....etc. BTW-when I'm driving my lambo I am NEVER in any hurry...just enjoying myself!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... I never thought about the fact that when someone is driving their Lambo it is usually for fun and not a DD so they wouldn't necessarily be in a hurry. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
507 Posts
When you drive your car you are an ambassador for the brand....and the lifestyle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When you drive your car you are an ambassador for the brand....and the lifestyle.
EXACTLY!! These cars bring smiles and joy to 99% of the people you encounter, "all ya' gotta do" is ask yourself, "What would Mr. Balboni do?" (and has done for 40+ years, just got a great pic of him in my Diablo in Monterey) be gracious, be polite, be a Lambo owner.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,196 Posts
SLT August...I will ALWAYS talk to anyone that approaches me to ask about my car or just to complement me on the car! So far everyone that has approached me has been pretty polite and respectful. I would say if you were to come across a person with a car that you were intersted in talking to them about, I would just be polite first and second just be yourself because we've all met "that guy"......you know the one....yea I have this and I can afford that but right now I.....etc....etc. BTW-when I'm driving my lambo I am NEVER in any hurry...just enjoying myself!
Exactly the same!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The only people who annoy me are the ones who say: "Yeah, I had me one of these" or "I could have me one of these, but I'm..." Those are the ones to whom I would like to say: "Get outta' my face," but I don't.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My personal experience has almost been awkward. Seems like most people I encounter are over the top with responses like "Man I wish I was you" or "What do you do to drive a car like that" its nice to hear but its awkward to respond because I try to be overly humble. I do enjoy talking about the car as long as its not a "how much did that thing cost" as the first thing out of your mouth. I agree with the others on here, way too many people will say "I was thinking about getting one of those but I chose a BMW etc etc etc. Just be yourself and show appreciation without being over the top and your good to go

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the responses guys, I just didn't want to go up to people and have them annoyed or what not. Also, should I ask to take a picture of your car? Or even ask you to rev a bit for a video? Thanks, all is appreciated!

--August

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for all of the responses guys, I just didn't want to go up to people and have them annoyed or what not. Also, should I ask to take a picture of your car? Or even ask you to rev a bit for a video? Thanks, all is appreciated!

--August
Great responses in this thread. Do what you want to do and if they ask for something you don't want to do, politely decline. Seeing one of these cars is akin to seeing your favorite celebrity in public.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wasn't a douche bag before I owned the car, and I am not going to be one just because I own one.

Then again, my mama always tells me to be wary of strangers coming up to you to talk to you.... LOL.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The only people who annoy me are the ones who say: "Yeah, I had me one of these" or "I could have me one of these, but I'm..." Those are the ones to whom I would like to say: "Get outta' my face," but I don't.
Well...I just had a guy approach me last evening admiring my car so he proceeds to tell me how he rented on of these (he asks me....what is this again....I say Gallardo Spyder) yea I rented a Gallardo Spyder in Cancun, Mexico and we were following a Camaro doin' 210mph on city streets! I say...hmmmm....so you rented a G-Spyder and the rental agency just let you take the car out in Cancun MEXICO doing 210 "on CITY STREETS"....hmmmm....without any representative with you or in another car??:confused: He says....YEP....and whats really cool the Camaro was the lead car at 210 mph.....whippin around traffic and all....(after composing myself from almost pissing myself from holding in my laughter)...I politely say wow sounds like you had an awesome time and excuse myself with an excuse that the wifes gonna kill me if I don't get back. Of couse I just had to ask again....Camaro @ 210....and hell MY "G" ONLY goes about 198mph....i guess I should put one of the 1980's "Cherry Bomb" exhausts on her and get another 10mph to keep up with you guys! Take care & Good-bye.....driving off with a s*** eating grin on my face!

I must say I did get a laugh at the whole thing afterward....:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't understand why people can't just look at and appreciate these cars without saying something obnoxious like that.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,196 Posts
That's is hilarious Rhys! People sometimes live in their imagination. I would have had a hard time holding a straight face. Maybe the MPH was KILOMETERS?' probably not as that would still be over 120 mph.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's is hilarious Rhys! People sometimes live in their imagination. I would have had a hard time holding a straight face. Maybe the MPH was KILOMETERS?' probably not as that would still be over 120 mph.

Hey Russk....funny-that was the FIRST thing I asked him "was it KPH"? As you noted it would still be high speeds for city streets especially in Cancun!! LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well...I just had a guy approach me last evening admiring my car so he proceeds to tell me how he rented on of these (he asks me....what is this again....I say Gallardo Spyder) yea I rented a Gallardo Spyder in Cancun, Mexico and we were following a Camaro doin' 210mph on city streets! I say...hmmmm....so you rented a G-Spyder and the rental agency just let you take the car out in Cancun MEXICO doing 210 "on CITY STREETS"....hmmmm....without any representative with you or in another car??:confused: He says....YEP....and whats really cool the Camaro was the lead car at 210 mph.....whippin around traffic and all....(after composing myself from almost pissing myself from holding in my laughter)...I politely say wow sounds like you had an awesome time and excuse myself with an excuse that the wifes gonna kill me if I don't get back. Of couse I just had to ask again....Camaro @ 210....and hell MY "G" ONLY goes about 198mph....i guess I should put one of the 1980's "Cherry Bomb" exhausts on her and get another 10mph to keep up with you guys! Take care & Good-bye.....driving off with a s*** eating grin on my face!

Seems to me the guy was trying to impress you with his story. I'm sure he meant no harm for you to make those snide remarks before you left.

The image of a lambo owner is as being part of the 1% whether it is true or not. People get intimidated and say random things.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Seems to me the guy was trying to impress you with his story. I'm sure he meant no harm for you to make those snide remarks before you left.

The image of a lambo owner is as being part of the 1% whether it is true or not. People get intimidated and say random things.
Nukeduken.....excuse me...."what snide remarks" are you referencing? (the guy even thought my comment about the "Cherry-Bomb exhaust" was funny). The guy knew my last comments were meant in fun. I was extremely polite to this gentelman and most certainly DID NOT make any snide remarks! Please see my post before the prior one........In the future please know what your talking about before posting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just had to ask again....Camaro @ 210....and hell MY "G" ONLY goes about 198mph....i guess I should put one of the 1980's "Cherry Bomb" exhausts on her and get another 10mph to keep up with you guys! Take care & Good-bye.....driving off with a s*** eating grin on my face!

I don't see where you both shared a laugh. You stated you had a laugh afterwards.

In the future please perfect your post so that a simpleton like myself may easily follow.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't see where you both shared a laugh. You stated you had a laugh afterwards.

In the future please perfect your post so that a simpleton like myself may easily follow.
Really...?:stupid:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts