Lamborghini Talk banner

Do we have a movable rear spoiler?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  spdracer888 
#1 ·
Do the Murci/LPs have a movable rear spoiler? Just read it in the owner's manual. If so how do you raise it?

#2 ·
Yes. It only goes up at speed (two different angles depending on speed) or it can be raised by plugging in a Lambo diagnostic computer. AFAIK there is no way of manually raising the spoiler like you can the bat wings.

#5 ·
I think it is more like 60 for position one then 100 or 120 mph for position 2 (that would be close to 100 and 200 kph)
Mine goes up at 60 ish and then retracts around 40.
I'v often wondered how dirty it is under there as I have never cleaned it since 2008?

#7 ·
My recollection is that the first angle is at around 70mph and the second at around 90mph. The spoiler can clearly be seen going up in the center rear view mirror. The spoiler will then retract at about 20mph below the speed at which it goes up. I thought the exact numbers were in the owners manual but for the life of me I can't find them.

Last year I was driving on the highway and had my spoiler light come on. When I parked I noticed that the spoiler retracted but was a little higher on one side than the other. Investigating further it appeared as though the mechanism had somehow gotten out of sync between the left and right side actuators. The solution was to take the whole mechanism apart, clean and re-grease it all, then put it back together in the down position. A quick high speed run on the highway and the light cleared itself and the mechanism operated perfectly.

Turns out there was some drag in the system due to old lubricant that had gotten a little dusty over time and it caused one of the actuators to skip a tooth putting it out of sync with the other. Cleaning and lubing the mechanism was very easy and totally logical to figure out. While in there I added some extra heat protection to the actuator motors.

Attached is a photo of how the mechanism looks under the rear cover. Note that there are two of these actuators; one on each side of the cover.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.