Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just received photos from the folks at DMC that show the 2011 GT Body Kit which I ordered for my 2003 Murcielago.

The carbon fiber looks so stunning, I just had to share these with you!!

Can't wait to put the kit on my car, will post photos for sure once it's all installed!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a glass-rear deck lid available and some other parts.

The supplier told me that the kit is based on a pair of original Murcielago bumpers that were scanned and re-engineered on the outside look. The inner side has been kept the same, so in theory (!) it should fit well since nothing has been changed. I saw the prototype installed on a 2004 Murcielago and it looked good.

I'll post photos and details along when the kit arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope you guys have better luck with DMC than I did - I have a 08-Roadster and they not only got the rear wing wrong but also their CF "bat-wings" which didn't fit my roadster.
Then I ordered the Roadster Grand Rear Wing - well that was 5 months ago and they are still "engineering" this piece - UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Between their hype promotional blah..blah...blah..I am not a happy customer.
They did manage to deliver to me in Texas a CF red spoiler - which:
a) Didn't fit my roadster
b) Was severely damaged when it arrived into their Florida dealer and then more damage by the time I got it into Texas. Then they stated that this was my responsibility??? These guys must visit Texas real soon - a wake up call is needed...perhaps a hunting trip in Northern Texas will cure their ailments...
I wouldn't trust these guys to design / build anything...and they are German????
mapd-1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am interested in the Bat Wings, would be a nice add-on to my kit.

How's the condition and would they fit a coupe? Please PM me with pricing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Rheinlaender:
I have a 100% CF bat wings for your coupe - as I ordered these for my 08 Roadster and did not fit.
Contact me at [email protected] to get them to you.
They are of good quality (even through DMC manufactured them) and I will give you a deal to take them from me.
I wanted a set for my 08 Roadster - but DMC do not comprehend that the Murci cam e in a Roadster version...
Write me and we will do the deal
regards,
mapd-1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I've been a bit lazy but I started unpacking the parts. Will install the front first and then the rear. Will post some more photos of the progress if there's interest?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you can actually re-use your original grills on this one.

They made two modules that takes the grills from your original Murcielago, which are then fitted inside the bumper from the back. Have a look at the first photo I posted at the beginning of the thread.

It's a really nice idea to do it this way!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The rear bumper/diffuser was part of the DMC kit, it's a one piece solution to keep installation easy.

I still think I should have kept the carbon visible on the rear, maybe like this:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts