Lamborghini Talk banner

161 - 180 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced the clutch in my 2007 Spyder 6-spd with the Kevlar from Hi Tech Exotics. Also replaced the throw out with the LP-560 model. It all works well and feels great!

Since I have the information handy... If you use this throw out, get the following parts from the local Audi dealer (or one that has them in stock):
Three bolts , N-101-243-06
O-ring seal, N-900-396-04
O-ring seal, N-901-113-01

The flange also requires a very thin coat of anaerobic sealer. I used Permatex 51031.

Thanks to Sean. Working with him is highly recommended.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
I just replaced the clutch in my 2006 Spyder 6-spd with the Kevlar from Hi Tech Exotics. Also replaced the throw out with the LP-560 model. It all works well and feels great!

Since I have the information handy... If you use this throw out, get the following parts from the local Audi dealer (or one that has them in stock):
Three bolts , N-101-243-06
O-ring seal, N-900-396-04
O-ring seal, N-901-113-01

The flange also requires a very thin coat of anaerobic sealer. I used Permatex 51031.

Thanks to Sean. Working with him is highly recommended.
Dan, thank you for the great feedback. I'm glad that you're happy with our
Kevlar clutch. Keep us in touch how the throw out bearing works out.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi I will be also be interested in the kelvar clutch for my 08 SL pls send me more info and ship to Singapore Thanks
I installed their stage 2 Kevlar clutch. Am monitoring wear rate but must say even for a heavy duty clutch, engagement whilst clearly more on and off than the stock clutch, is still manageable. I love the positive engagement thus far.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sean, can you give me a quote for a kevlar clutch for my 05 gallardo 6 speed?
thanks
William

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
I installed their stage 2 Kevlar clutch. Am monitoring wear rate but must say even for a heavy duty clutch, engagement whilst clearly more on and off than the stock clutch, is still manageable. I love the positive engagement thus far.
Harold, I'm glad that you're happy with our Kevlar clutch eventhough you have our Stage 2 Kevlar clutch which is more aggressive than our Stage 1 Kevlar clutch.

How many miles have you put on the Kevlar clutch?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very delighted with Sean and Hi Tech Exotic

It is unfortunate that I had purchased a kevlar clutch from a different vendor for my Lamborghini Murcielago 6-speed, and immediately after installation had serious problems. The vehicle would not go into reverse and was grinding gears unless I very carefully matched revs. The vendor asked me to drive the car to bed-in the clutch.

I drove the vehicle 800 miles with no improvement; very disappointing.

Had to replace the clutch ... again. You know what that means (engine-out)

Purchased kevlar clutch from Sean at Hi Tech Exotic. Parts arrived promptly and with the (new) old clutch out for comparison it was plain as day how differently-sized the parts were.

Sean gave terrific customer service and outstanding follow-up. Installed new clutch and it is smooth like the proverbial butter analogy.

Again, Sean gave regular updates on shipping, and several follow-up calls after receipt. Delighted with his service.

I highly recommend Sean and Hi Tech Exotic for parts quality, shipping proficiency, and most of-all - customer service.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
It is unfortunate that I had purchased a kevlar clutch from a different vendor for my Lamborghini Murcielago 6-speed, and immediately after installation had serious problems. The vehicle would not go into reverse and was grinding gears unless I very carefully matched revs. The vendor asked me to drive the car to bed-in the clutch.

I drove the vehicle 800 miles with no improvement; very disappointing.

Had to replace the clutch ... again. You know what that means (engine-out)

Purchased kevlar clutch from Sean at Hi Tech Exotic. Parts arrived promptly and with the (new) old clutch out for comparison it was plain as day how differently-sized the parts were.

Sean gave terrific customer service and outstanding follow-up. Installed new clutch and it is smooth like the proverbial butter analogy.

Again, Sean gave regular updates on shipping, and several follow-up calls after receipt. Delighted with his service.

I highly recommend Sean and Hi Tech Exotic for parts quality, shipping proficiency, and most of-all - customer service.
Thank you Howard for a great feedback. I'm glad everything worked out great.

I like to make it clear that the first Murcielago Kevlar clutch, that Howard bought, was not bought from us. After Howard experienced problems from another vendor, he called us and we assured him that our Murcielago Kevlar clutch will work and you won't have any problems like you had with the other vendor since we have been building Kevlar clutches for Lamborghini for over 15 years. We also told him to check with our customers and read this thread and see how happy our customers are with our Kevlar clutch.

Howard agreed with us and bought our Murcielago Kevlar clutch. After he installed our Murcielago Kevlar clutch, he couldn't believe how much smoother and better it was than a stock clutch. I'm glad that we were able to help him.

Thank you again Howard

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sean is a great guy for sure. So far have done about 2,500km on it. And love it. Going track on the 4th again... Will check wear after that... But so far all good especially for a heavy duty clutch. Sure I need to be gentle in reverse or could end up in a wall... But it's not bad at all for a clutch of this type. Great stuff Sean. Will update after the track.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
Sean is a great guy for sure. So far have done about 2,500km on it. And love it. Going track on the 4th again... Will check wear after that... But so far all good especially for a heavy duty clutch. Sure I need to be gentle in reverse or could end up in a wall... But it's not bad at all for a clutch of this type. Great stuff Sean. Will update after the track.
Hi Harold,

Thank you for the great comments. How many track days have you done with the Kevlar clutch?

Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Harold,

Thank you for the great comments. How many track days have you done with the Kevlar clutch?

Thanks
Hi Sean,

Done three now. Unfortunately car broke down yesterday on my way back from the track. Will get clutch wear rate while the car is in the shop. Car sadly had to be towed back...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sean,

Please PM me the price of Kevlar clutch and the shipping cost to Hong Kong. May need to change the clutch on my 04 egear G in about 3months time. Thanks.

Regards,
Jeremy

161 - 180 of 483 Posts