Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
My friend has a kevlar performance clutch on his e-gear G and he apparently bought a neck brace for his girl friend due to the harsh shift engagement. I heard these performance clutches only work well with 6 spd cars.
LOL @ neck brace. I think that's an issue with his particular car (egear adjustment). Or maybe the clutch, but several egear people run the Hi Tech clutch with no such issues.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
My friend has a kevlar performance clutch on his e-gear G and he apparently bought a neck brace for his girl friend due to the harsh shift engagement. I heard these performance clutches only work well with 6 spd cars.
GallardoM5,

70-80% of our Kevlar clutches that we have sold are E-gear. They are all smooth and they have linear engagement. I don't know who your friend bought his clutch from but it is very important to follow break-in procedure with a new stock clutch or a new Kevlar clutch. Your friend might have not done that. Also he might not have the right E-gear program in there. He should try different programs.

If your friend needs any help, feel free to have him give me a call and I'll help him out.

Thanks
Sean

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
Hey Sean,

I'll go ahead and get the Kevlar clutch.Do you have one in stock and can I have it by Friday?I'm in Houston.TX.

Kevin
Yes. We have it in stock and you can have it on Friday. Give me a call when you get a chance. I might be able to ship it out today. If I do, you can have it on Thursday.

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
Hi GallardoM5,

We don't use cheap Kevlar material and that's why we don't have the problems that you mentioned. We use a very high quality Kevlar material which is used in aerospace industry.

We had a customer who owned an exotic car rental company and he needed a tougher and stronger clutch than OEM that can last longer. I told him about our kevlar clutch. He was hesitant because he used to have a kevlar clutch in his Acura NSX and it used to slip. I told him that ours does not slip because we don't just upgrade the disc, we upgrade the whole clutch. He bought the clutch and it never slipped. He was very satisfied. I think he is one the members here. I'll see if he can post here.

Thanks
Sean

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
Hey Sean,

I got the Kevlar clutch today.Thank you for getting it to me so fast.Engine is out so the clutch should be in by next week.

Thanks
Kevin
I'm glad that you got it fast. Keep us posted after it's installed. As I told you before, don't forget to break in the clutch.

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
Sean,

For future reference, what is the proper break-in procedure for your Kevlar clutch?
We recommend a 200 miles,preferably 500 miles break in period. It should be 200 miles of city driving so there would be a lot of shifting. The rev should not be more than 4k rpm and no more than 50% throttle in the break in period. It is basically very similiar to the factory clutch break in procedure.

·
Vendor
1,698 Posts
500 miles break in.. city driving with gear 1, 2, 3 & 3, 2 & 1 preferably, 15% trottle and not more than 3000rpm! HAHA! These are neccessary as to prolong the clutch wear. :eek:
WOW, Braco you beat me to it. You are quick. Thank you for the post.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
500 miles break in.. city driving with gear 1, 2, 3 & 3, 2 & 1 preferably, 15% trottle and not more than 3000rpm! HAHA! These are neccessary as to prolong the clutch wear. :eek:
Oh man, so you gotta drive like grandma for 500 miles...or like James May.

Ok, I've been accused of driving like James May in the past, so I should be ok. :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
We recommend a 200 miles,preferably 500 miles break in period.It should be 200 miles of city driving so there would be a lot of shifting.The rev should not be more than 4k rpm and no more than 50% throttle in the break in period.It is basically very similiar to the factory clutch break in procedure.
Thanks Sean. With all the stop and go traffic in my city, seems like I already do the break-in procedure here on a regular basis. lol

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
So my burn-out launches are no good? DARN! ;)

After having a clutch slip the first thing you want to see with the new one is it holding strong under 100% MAXIMUM power ;)
Yes, I believe that is the "Valentino Balboni clutch break-in procedure" you are describing. A bit less delicate, one might say...

It is also sometimes mistaken for the TurboMike clutch break-in procedure, too...

lmao

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
To all you guys I know there are other threads out there regarding clutch replacement on the Gallardo.
I can highly recommend Sean @ Hi Tech Exotics on his very well manufactured Kevlar clutch assembly.
The clutch replacement took about 7 days from time of order and shipped to Australia straight away.
the replacement was done in about 14 to 16 hrs all up.
The exhaust clamps giving us the most trouble as I have a UK delivered car and all clamps were corroded.
The studs had to be re drilled and new ones were put in.
The Kevlar clutch is very light and great engagement with all gears.
:wave::
:)
Thanks to Sean @ Hi Tech Exotics

regards
Shalin
Hi Gerald,

Some information on your PIS setting as I am into the break in period.
:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Braco, i saw your car with KBS a few weeks ago. Probably fixing up your front bumper? Very nicely done. congrats. Mine is the orange color gallardo chaning to a rsc front bumper as well. hope we can catch up for coffee....:)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hi Braco, i saw your car with KBS a few weeks ago. Probably fixing up your front bumper? Very nicely done. congrats. Mine is the orange color gallardo chaning to a rsc front bumper as well. hope we can catch up for coffee....:)
Thanks rog. At KBS since 12 Feb waiting and doing some mods. Finally is out. Check your PM!:wave:

·
Registered
555 Posts
wow....im finally reading this thread. Sound like this clutch is the way to go. Sean, can you PM me a price. Don't need it right now but like Lambogator, I'd like to know what I'm in for when the time comes. '06 E-gear car.

41 - 60 of 474 Posts