Lamborghini Talk banner

441 - 460 of 474 Posts

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank AMC in Saudi Arabia for choosing our Kevlar clutch for their customer. AMC got our HT350 which is the lightest and quickest of our Kevlar clutches. Since the HT350 lasts 350% longer than a factory clutch, they also chose our upgraded throw out bearing TOB300 which lasts longer than a factory throw out bearing. Their customer has a 2012 Gallardo LP570 with an E-gear. They also replaced the clutch position sensor, pilot bearing and rear main seal which is always a good idea to do.

The customer is breaking in the clutch but he can already notice how much quicker it shifts. It drives better than a new car.

Here are some pictures:

-
-

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank AMC in Saudi Arabia for choosing our Kevlar clutch for their customer. AMC got our HT350 which is the lightest and quickest of our Kevlar clutches. Since the HT350 lasts 350% longer than a factory clutch, they also chose our upgraded throw out bearing TOB300 which lasts longer than a factory throw out bearing. Their customer has a 2012 Gallardo LP570 with an E-gear. They also replaced the clutch position sensor, pilot bearing and rear main seal which is always a good idea to do.

The customer is breaking in the clutch but he can already notice how much quicker it shifts. It drives better than a new car.

Here are some pictures:

-
-

Here he is, having fun with our HT350 clutch...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tech Exotic Clutch

I talked with Sean the other day and had such a terrific conversation, I so look forward to seeing what my Gallardo is capable of off the line. I bought it used, and really wanted white, so rare (color?) to find anyway, but the car had 6 previous owners, and only God knows what goes on during the actual ownership, but in between is what always worries me! I always say; "when a dealership gets one of these, depending... it's like; "DUDE! We got a LAMBO!!! Let's take it out for a spin!" " and Start it up and REV IT DUDE!!!" -of course it'll be a cold start rev, within a few seconds...:mad:

So needless to say the clutch is definitely going to be replaced by a HIGH TECH EXOTIC!!!
Thanks Sean!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I talked with Sean the other day and had such a terrific conversation, I so look forward to seeing what my Gallardo is capable of off the line. I bought it used, and really wanted white, so rare (color?) to find anyway, but the car had 6 previous owners, and only God knows what goes on during the actual ownership, but in between is what always worries me! I always say; "when a dealership gets one of these, depending... it's like; "DUDE! We got a LAMBO!!! Let's take it out for a spin!" " and Start it up and REV IT DUDE!!!" -of course it'll be a cold start rev, within a few seconds...:mad:

So needless to say the clutch is definitely going to be replaced by a HIGH TECH EXOTIC!!!
Thanks Sean!
Exactly why i have one on mine, great performance and outstanding service and help from Sean!

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts

Thanks Sean!
Exactly why i have one on mine, great performance and outstanding service and help from Sean!
Thank you guys for all the great words. We work very hard to have the best clutches for Lamborghini. Your words shows us that you appreciate our hard work. Thank you again!!!

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank Robin at Doctor Auto Clinic for purchasing our HT300 for his 2006 Gallardo. This is for his personal car. He wanted to get a clutch that would last longer than a stock clutch. He also wanted to get a clutch that it would drive smoother than an oem because he didn't like the oem bucking. He also got our upgraded throw out bearing which lasts longer than an oem.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
I wanted to thank Tom for calling us today and updating us about his clutch wear.

He drove over 9k miles on our HT300 and the clutch showed that he only used 0.1 mm that's only about 2%.

I was surprised that he only used 2% of our HT300 clutch even though he drove over 9,000 miles on it. Everyone should note that his original factory clutch only lasted 8,800 miles. I really thought when he called me, he was going to say that he has 70-80% left. I never thought when he said that he drove 9,000 miles that he's going to say that he has 98% clutch left.

His 9k miles also included 2 trips to a race track. It looks like that he's going to get 100,000 miles from our HT300. This is why our customers tell us that we are very conservative when we say that our HT300 will last 300% longer. We use very high quality Kevlar material. It's the same Kevlar that's used in aerospace industry. Does it cost us a lot? Yes, but it's worth every penny because it's going into a Lamborghini, not a Mustang. There are cheaper kevlar clutches out there and some of them failed after 1,000 miles because they use cheap chinese Kevlar. Another reason that our clutches last so long is because we spend a lot of time setting up and calibrating our clutches and that's why it's even smoother than a factory clutch.

Tom was kind enough to send his invoices in order to show when he started with HT300.

This invoice is from a Lamborghini dealer in San Francisco(British Motor Cars). This invoice shows that he had 25,xxx miles in May 2017 when he installed our HT300. The dealer programmed and reset the E-gear of his new HT300. After the reset, you can see that his clutch wear is set at 0.0 .

After 2 years and over 9,000 miles, he has 34,000 miles. The invoice from the Lamborghini dealer shows that has only used 0.1 mm that's only about 2%.

Tom, thank you again for your call and your update on your clutch wear.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank Edvin from Lithuania for purchasing our lightweight HT350 Gallardo clutch. He wanted to get a clutch that lasts a long time and also handles his hard and spirited driving. That's why he got the HT350 because it lasts 350% longer than a factory clutch. He also wanted to have a clutch that shifts quicker and HT350 does that. Our customers are telling us that our HT350 shifts almost as fast as a DCT.

Another reason he chose HT350 was because his LP560 has a supercharger. HT350 can handle 1,000 hp so it will be able to handle the extra horsepower.

The clutch has been installed and he is having fun with the HT350. I will have him post his feedback.

He sent us a few pictures so I can post them.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank Robin at Doctor Auto Clinic for purchasing our HT300 for his 2006 Gallardo. This is for his personal car. He wanted to get a clutch that would last longer than a stock clutch. He also wanted to get a clutch that it would drive smoother than an oem because he didn't like the oem bucking. He also got our upgraded throw out bearing which lasts longer than an oem.

Here is the snap after the new HT300 is installed.

PIS is set at 5.32. PIS is different on every car because it depends on the E-gear system and the preference and style of the customer's driving.

The clutch wear is at 0.2. People think it would be 0.0 because its brand new but it ranges from 0.0-0.3.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank Saqib from Virginia for purchasing our HT350 that has a lightweight pressure plate. He also got our Lightweight flywheel. Our lightweight flywheel is about 30% lighter than an oem flywheel. Our HT350 with lightweight flywheel is the lightest Gallardo clutch in the world.

He has been driving with the new clutch and he loves how much smoother our HT350 is compared to an oem clutch. He also really likes the gear shifting which is also quicker than an oem clutch.

I will have Saqib post his feedback here. Saqib was nice enough to send us a few pictures. Here are a few pictures of his beautiful 2013 LP550-2 with an E-Gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Hi tech Exotic

Thank you Sean for the education and great service throughout the process. I purchased the HT350, performance flywheel, accumulator, throwout bearing and rear main seals from HT Exotics.

Couldn’t be happier with the purchase! Definitely took the advice and broke the clutch in patiently and to the best of my ability. The clamping force seems stronger and the car is shifting noticeably quicker.

Genuinely appreciate the level of detail. For all others interested in similar Kevlar clutches, it seems that the car ran quite a bit hotter for the first 3-4 days. Given that LP’s are known to be susceptible to heating issues, I was actively monitoring the vehicle. Sure enough, the heat subsided as the clutch started to break in.

All in all, highly recommend the HT 350 but most of all the lightweight performance flywheel. Definitely a game changer.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Thank you Sean for the education and great service throughout the process. I purchased the HT350, performance flywheel, accumulator, throwout bearing and rear main seals from HT Exotics.

Couldn’t be happier with the purchase! Definitely took the advice and broke the clutch in patiently and to the best of my ability. The clamping force seems stronger and the car is shifting noticeably quicker.

Genuinely appreciate the level of detail. For all others interested in similar Kevlar clutches, it seems that the car ran quite a bit hotter for the first 3-4 days. Given that LP’s are known to be susceptible to heating issues, I was actively monitoring the vehicle. Sure enough, the heat subsided as the clutch started to break in.

All in all, highly recommend the HT 350 but most of all the lightweight performance flywheel. Definitely a game changer.
Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Happy that I was able to answer all your questions. I'm glad that you like the quicker shifting of our HT350. Our lightweight flywheel and our HT350 are the lightest clutch kit on the market. Enjoy your new clutch and keep us posted. Thank you again for your nice feedback.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Another Twin Turbo Gallardo gets our HT300 clutch

We wanted to thank Fation for getting our HT300 Stage 3 for his Twin Turbo Gallardo. His TT Gallardo was making around 1,400 hp. Fation bought this Twin turbo directly from the TT manufacturer. Unfortunately, the clutch that was in there was not holding the power and it was slipping. Sometimes at the take off, it needed 3k rpm to move. The driveability was horrible. It would buck and jerk so much that it was not driveable. He was so frustrated with the other clutch, Fation decided to get our clutch. After the installation, he noticed how smooth our clutch was. All the bucking and jerkiness was gone and he loved the driveability. I will let him post his feedback.

441 - 460 of 474 Posts