Lamborghini Talk banner

341 - 360 of 474 Posts

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Sean, thank you very much for your Kevlar clutch!

I wanted to introduce myself; my name is Nick Kalashnik, mechanic and owner of Top Automotive, Inc. We specialize is Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bentley, ect. We are located in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.

I want to express what a pleasure it was working with Sean at High Tech Exotic. Not only is he a down to earth individual, he is also very knowledgeable when it comes to exotic vehicles in need of high quality Kevlar clutches or Parts.

At Top Automotive we only install factory parts or better on all vehicles we Service and Repair in order to avoid compromising performance and reliability. This time around, one of our clients requested to install a clutch that would last much longer then the factory original clutch on his E-gear Lamborghini Gallardo without degrading the performance and shift response. After doing extensive research on many other companies that also make Kevlar clutches; we decided to proceed with the High Tech Exotic 300% Kevlar clutch due to their long term track record.

Installation of the Kevlar clutch is exactly the same as the factory install including the PIS set up. We are very impressed with the High Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch. After the brake in period of the clutch, the shift response is very positive and smooth. We highly recommend this clutch as an upgrade. In our opining, the High Tech Exotics Kevlar clutch feels much better than the Factory Lamborghini clutch.

We are extremely happy with High Tech Exotic products and customer service. Sean, thank you again!
Many thanks for your great feedback. It was really a pleasure to do business with you. It's always very nice to deal with someone who is very knowledgeable with exotics.

Here are more pictures of the installation.

·
Registered
79 Posts
*****update*****

I like to report that I finally put 30,000 miles on my Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic. This is not 30,000 miles of easy or freeway driving. I've done 8-10 track weekends at Willow spring, both short and big track. On the short track there is a lot of low gear shifting. Even with a lot of shifting, clutch never got hot and it was holding strong at 8,000 rpm. My freaking original clutch lasted only 8k miles. The stock clutch couldn't handle the beating.

Sean, thank you for your great Kevlar clutch. Your Kevlar clutch is truly the best. I am amazed that I put 30,000 miles on it and I still have 50% left. Customer forever...
This was a final trigger for me.

Just emailed HTE for quotation for my 08 SL.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm sold on HTE

Just spoke to Sean at length (stand-up nice guy!) and will be buying a HT300 and new t/o bearing for my 2004 eGear.

I will keep anyone interested up-to-date with how it works out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just spoke to Sean at length (stand-up nice guy!) and will be buying a HT300 and new t/o bearing for my 2004 eGear.

Bit the bullet and ordered a HT300 and TOB tonight from Sean.

Awesome bloke to talk with...knows his stuff and super nice.

Can hardly wait. I'll review the performance once installed.

:)

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts

Thank you for your purchase of our HT300. Also thank you for your nice comments about me. It was really nice talking to you. The reason I enjoy my job so much is that I talk to Car crazy/lovers customers like myself. I hope your wife didn't mind that we talked for so long.:)

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts

Thank you again for your purchase... Your clutch has been shipped and you should get it soon. Keep us posted after you install the clutch.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Underground Racing Murcielago LP640 Twin Turbo gets Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch

We wanted to thank Tim at Underground Racing for referring their customer with their Twin Turbo Murcielago LP640 kit to buy our Kevlar clutch. As you all know, Underground Racing makes one of the best TT kits in the world with amazing horsepower and with numerous records. To handle all this tremendous horsepower, they chose our HT300 Stage 2 that can handle more power.

We also wanted to thank Lamborghini Houston for purchasing and installing our Lamborghini Murcielago clutch Kevlar kit. It was a pleasure to do business with them. After installing our Kevlar clutch, they were pleasantly surprised how nice it drives for such a Hi Performance clutch. Lamborghini Houston will only install Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch and they won't install a Kevlar clutch from any other clutch companies. We were very glad that they were satisfied with our Kevlar clutch.

Here are some pictures of this beautiful beast.

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
We wanted to thank John for purchasing our Kevlar clutch for his 2006 Gallardo. His clutch was almost worn and he wanted to get a clutch that would last a long time. When we talked he told us that he will never sell his Gallardo and he will leave it to his kids and that's why he got the HT300 that will last up to 300% longer than a factory clutch. John also got a new throw out bearing and a new clutch position sensor because our Kevlar clutch would have outlasted the old throw out bearing. Since he has installed our clutch, he has driven it for a while and he likes the fact that it's as smooth as a factory F clutch. I will have him post his feedback.

We also wanted to thank our friends at Motorwerks Autogroup in Houston. They have been very professional and provided a great service. Travis at Motorwerks Autogroup provided some pictures of the installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the Ht300, t/o bearing and clutch sensor replaced a month or so ago. I'm at 725 miles since then, and I'm super happy with it! Also, had an obd light come on and found the answer on this site in another forum. When I first was scouting Lambos early this year, I came across this site and this thread particularly. I wanted a Gallardo so bad, but the factory clutch failures really had me looking at other makes. Then I found this site, the kevlar clutch, and Sean at Hi-Tech. He has answered many many questions for me, and has been quite informative and helpful. The warranty, his knowledge and helpfulness have all let me enjoy my car to the fullest. Thank goodness, because I had pretty much decided I was going to look for something else until I found this stuff here!

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
I just had the Ht300, t/o bearing and clutch sensor replaced a month or so ago. I'm at 725 miles since then, and I'm super happy with it! Also, had an obd light come on and found the answer on this site in another forum. When I first was scouting Lambos early this year, I came across this site and this thread particularly. I wanted a Gallardo so bad, but the factory clutch failures really had me looking at other makes. Then I found this site, the kevlar clutch, and Sean at Hi-Tech. He has answered many many questions for me, and has been quite informative and helpful. The warranty, his knowledge and helpfulness have all let me enjoy my car to the fullest. Thank goodness, because I had pretty much decided I was going to look for something else until I found this stuff here!
We appreciate all the compliments. We're glad that you like how smooth our Kevlar clutch is. Now you don't have to worry about how much clutch you have. It will last you many years. Please keep us posted when you have put more miles. Enjoy:wave:

·
Registered
98 Posts
HTE Clutch Review - 04G e-Gear

Ok, so here is my clutch story synopsis:

My e-Gear G still had the original OEM clutch due to minimal miles but my calculations were that I was down to about 5% clutch life. To be frank I was not a fan of the OEM clutch and thought that for an exotic is should have been smoother; it was a bit 'clunky' and shuddered a little.

My thought was that if the OEM clutch is already not so great, do I want to risk an aftermarket clutch which could be worse??

I'm one of those people who likes to research matters because I hate to do things twice (and pay for the privilege!). So after searching L-Talk, reaching out to members and chatting with my mechanic Tommy @ P1 Motorcars, I opted for the HTE HT300. I was comfortable with the choice but a little part me was concerned with possible Kevlar clutch shudder and other idiosyncrasies. Also, 'Should I have gone with the supposedly safer option OEM F version?' was loitering in the back of my mind.

So, last Friday I picked up the car with the new HT300 clutch, flywheel, TOB, and sensor. I was preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Well my hopes turned into reality and I can honestly say this clutch is amazing. Better, smoother engagement, no shudder, no 'clunkiness' and all with the peace-of-mind that it's going to last much longer than the OEM. I've already put 100 miles on the car and I'm super-impressed. I am not known for exaggerating, but when one of my Ferrari friends asked what I thought of the new clutch I couldn't help but exclaim "un-f***ing-believable".

Anyways, my special thanks to Sean at Hi Tech Exotic for making a top quality product and being available for any questions or concerns. And my thanks to Tommy & Dan at P1 Motorcars whose attention to detail and perfectionism make owning an exotic even more of a pleasure!

If anyone wants any additional details, feel free to PM me and I'll give you what I can.

:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Ok, so here is my clutch story synopsis:

My e-Gear G still had the original OEM clutch due to minimal miles but my calculations were that I was down to about 5% clutch life. To be frank I was not a fan of the OEM clutch and thought that for an exotic is should have been smoother; it was a bit 'clunky' and shuddered a little.

My thought was that if the OEM clutch is already not so great, do I want to risk an aftermarket clutch which could be worse??

I'm one of those people who likes to research matters because I hate to do things twice (and pay for the privilege!). So after searching L-Talk, reaching out to members and chatting with my mechanic Tommy @ P1 Motorcars, I opted for the HTE HT300. I was comfortable with the choice but a little part me was concerned with possible Kevlar clutch shudder and other idiosyncrasies. Also, 'Should I have gone with the supposedly safer option OEM F version?' was loitering in the back of my mind.

So, last Friday I picked up the car with the new HT300 clutch, flywheel, TOB, and sensor. I was preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Well my hopes turned into reality and I can honestly say this clutch is amazing. Better, smoother engagement, no shudder, no 'clunkiness' and all with the peace-of-mind that it's going to last much longer than the OEM. I've already put 100 miles on the car and I'm super-impressed. I am not known for exaggerating, but when one of my Ferrari friends asked what I thought of the new clutch I couldn't help but exclaim "un-f***ing-believable".

Anyways, my special thanks to Sean at Hi Tech Exotic for making a top quality product and being available for any questions or concerns. And my thanks to Tommy & Dan at P1 Motorcars whose attention to detail and perfectionism make owning an exotic even more of a pleasure!

If anyone wants any additional details, feel free to PM me and I'll give you what I can.

:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:
I really appreciate all of the great comments about our product and me. It was really a pleasure dealing with you. I really do enjoy talking to my customers.

I'm super happy that you like our Lamborghini Gallardo clutch. I know you were a little nervous but I assured you that we have sold over 1,000 clutches and our customer have put over 10 million miles on our clutches. I told you that our clutch is better than any clutches out there and I'm glad that you have a first hand experience and now you agree with me.

I also want to thank our friends at P1 motorsports for installing our Kevlar clutch. Tommy at P1 motorsports was actually surprised how smooth our clutch is in this 2004 Gallardo. As you all know, 04 Gallardo E-gears are known to buck and shake when you take off. We have spend numerous hours to create this engagement set up so it would be smoother than an oem/stock clutch.

Thank you again for all the nice comments.:wave:

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
Another happy Hi Tech Exotic customer at a F1 track with our Audi R8 clutch Kevlar

We wanted to thank Khaled aka Doorme at R8talk.com for sending this video of him having fun at Bahrain Formula 1 track. He told us that our Kevlar clutch shifts so fast that it's almost as fast as a DCT. This always makes us very happy when we see our Kevlar clutch that can handle high rpm shifting numerous times without any drama.

He's driving a R8 V10 with some mods with 600-620hp. He is racing a Vette Z06 with some mods with 700 hp and a Ferrari 488 with 675 hp. On straightaway, before the turns, they are doing 170-180 mph. You can see the brake discs on the vette glowing red. You can see the rotors glowing around 2:57 sec. I love glowing rotors!:cool:

The next mod is a TT upgrade so he can pass the 488 on the straightaway!

341 - 360 of 474 Posts