Lamborghini Talk banner

301 - 320 of 483 Posts

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
LP week!!! Shipped Hi Tech Exotic kevlar LP640 Murcielago clutch and LP560 Gallardo

This week was a very interesting week for us. It was full of LP clutches. We sold 3 of our Lamborghini Murcielago clutch and 2 of our Lamborghini Gallardo clutch to China and Dubai and Australia.

They all wanted a clutch that lasted longer than their stock clutch. We told them that our Kevlar clutch lasts up to 300% longer than a stock clutch. They were concerned about a kevlar clutch chattering. We told them our Lamborghini Kevlar clutch never chatters and it's our competitor's kevlar clutch that chatters. We use high quality Kevlar clutch, not cheap chinese made Kevlar. And that's why we offer a 24 months warranty on all of our Kevlar clutches.

I will have them post their feedbacks after they install our Kevlar clutches.

Here are some pictures of our Murcielago LP640 Kevlar clutch.

Here are some pictures of our LP560 Gallardo Kevlar clutch...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you increase the actual clamping loads on the Valeo Murcielago style pressure plates? And if so, what do you increase them to.

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutch... Unfortunately I can not reveal our secret recipe. The set up is what makes our Kevlar clutch smoother and last longer than other Kevlar clutches. If you don't set it up right, you'll have difficulty shifting and chattering. So I hope you understand why I can't reveal the recipe...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wanted Sean to know how excited and truly appreciative I am to have you in my project.

I felt comforted by his representation, experience and knowledge, Glad to give you a thanks for putting me on right direction that was above and beyond what I expected to receive;

Following is my recently Purchased;

Hi Tech Exotic Gallardo Kevlar clutch
Accumulator
E-gear Actuator
Main E-gear line
Set of E-gear lines
Brembo Front brakes and Rotors
Steering gear (Tie-Rod)
Brake light
Coolant hose

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
I wanted Sean to know how excited and truly appreciative I am to have you in my project.

I felt comforted by his representation, experience and knowledge, Glad to give you a thanks for putting me on right direction that was above and beyond what I expected to receive;

Following is my recently Purchased;

Hi Tech Exotic Gallardo Kevlar clutch
Accumulator
E-gear Actuator
Main E-gear line
Set of E-gear lines
Brembo Front brakes and Rotors
Steering gear (Tie-Rod)
Brake light
Coolant hose

Kwan, Thank you for all the great words. I'm glad I was able to help you out. We were hoping that the accumulator was the problem but unfortunately it turned out to be the actuator. A lot of times it turns out to be the accumulator and not the actuators but I guess not this time.

I also wanted to thank [email protected] His diagnoses were very good. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Hi fellow forum members,:wave:

I am reporting that I have just installed a stage 2 kevlar clutch on my 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Heffner TT bolt on, replacing a solid centre Spec clutch. The Spec clutch didn't slip at all so great for drag strip, but not daily driver friendly on take off or reversing :eek:, and I do a lot of daily driving in my lambo:evil:

I can truly say that I expected the Hi-Tech Stage 2 kevlar clutch to be a bit grabby as more heavy duty than OEM clutch, but as Sean told me it would be maybe 10% more grabby than OEM.

I can truly say that the Stage 2 Kevlar clutch changed gears better in corsa than my oem clutch in sport. I always drive around in corsa.

The lambo tech was also very impressed with how smoothly the Stage 2 Kevlar clutch drove and shifted in sport.

So I can recommend the Stage 2 kevlar clutch for bolt on TT's.

Not cheap, but 'you have to pay to play' and you can expect long life, up to 3 times oem if drive 'sensibly'.

So very pleased with the stage 2 clutch and the excellent service provided by Sean.

cheers,
john

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Hi fellow forum members,:wave:

I am reporting that I have just installed a stage 2 kevlar clutch on my 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Heffner TT bolt on, replacing a solid centre Spec clutch. The Spec clutch didn't slip at all so great for drag strip, but not daily driver friendly on take off or reversing :eek:, and I do a lot of daily driving in my lambo:evil:

I can truly say that I expected the Hi-Tech Stage 2 kevlar clutch to be a bit grabby as more heavy duty than OEM clutch, but as Sean told me it would be maybe 10% more grabby than OEM.

I can truly say that the Stage 2 Kevlar clutch changed gears better in corsa than my oem clutch in sport. I always drive around in corsa.

The lambo tech was also very impressed with how smoothly the Stage 2 Kevlar clutch drove and shifted in sport.

So I can recommend the Stage 2 kevlar clutch for bolt on TT's.

Not cheap, but 'you have to pay to play' and you can expect long life, up to 3 times oem if drive 'sensibly'.

So very pleased with the stage 2 clutch and the excellent service provided by Sean.

cheers,
john
Thank you again for all the nice comments!!! Your write up are always the best, very detailed and informative... I even learn from your write ups.:) We always say that our Stage 2 is 10-20% more aggressive and a little less smooth but you and our other customers tell us that there is no difference and it is as smooth as our Stage 1. I guess we are very conservative.

I'm sorry that you had to remove the SPEC clutch. If I would have known that you're getting a SPEC clutch, I would have warned you and saved you a lot of money and time. Now you have our clutch... Life's good and you're happy... Enjoy your car!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Sean, can I get an estimate on full clutch for a

1- 2008 F430 F1
2- 2011 Gallardo F1/E-Gear

Including shipping to Qatar.

And just for curiosity, what's is the weight and size for those clutches ? Just incase I know someone traveling to the states.

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Hello Sean, can I get an estimate on full clutch for a

1- 2008 F430 F1
2- 2011 Gallardo F1/E-Gear

Including shipping to Qatar.

And just for curiosity, what's is the weight and size for those clutches ? Just incase I know someone traveling to the states.
Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutch. I have sent you a PM.

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Another Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar Gallardo clutch shipped to Alberta, Canada

We wanted to thank Aaron for choosing our Gallardo Kevlar clutch. He wanted to get a clutch that last longer than a stock clutch and never worry about a clutch. He also wanted a clutch that's smoother than his previous clutch. He didn't like the engagement of his previous clutch. We told him that our Kevlar clutch is smoother and has a better and more positive engagement. He didn't know exactly what we meant by that but after driving for a while, he knows exactly what we meant. He loves the positive engagement of our Kevlar clutch.

He also asked us about the difference between our Kevlar clutch and others. We explained to him that we use very high quality Kevlar material and we don't use any cheap Chinese made Kevlar material. We use the same high quality Kevlar that is used in the aerospace industry. That's one of the reasons we offer a 24 months warranty.

After doing his research and finding out that there were a few failed clutches with our competition, he chose our Kevlar clutch and has been very happy with our Kevlar clutch.

I will have him post his feedback and some pictures of his Gallardo on this thread and also here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...allardo-clutch-shipped-alberta-canada-129778/

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar Gallardo LP560 clutch shipped to France

We wanted to thank Laurent in France for purchasing our Gallardo LP560 Kevlar clutch. He wanted a clutch that lasts longer than a stock clutch. He also wanted a clutch that can handle going in reverse better. As you all know, E-gear has a tough time handling the reverse gear because it slips a lot. Some owners had to replace their stock clutch because they used reverse gear more than usual.

After installing our clutch, Laurent mentioned that the reverse grabs better and there is less slipping. Because it grabs better, the clutch will last longer. This is a result of using high quality kevlar material and setting it up perfectly. We do not use cheap chinese Kevlar material.

I will have him post his feedback. Laurent was nice enough to send us some pictures of his car and the installation.

You can read more feedbacks from our satisfied customers here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...tic-kevlar-gallardo-clutch-outstanding-17194/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sean,

Thanks for posting the pics of the clutch installation.

I put approximately 500 miles since the clutch replacement (400 miles of highways) and I have to admit there is a noticeable change with the OEM clutch. Although I still had 40% on the OEM clutch the kevlar clutch engages better particularly on the first gear and reverse. No more slippage and it feels smoother. I didn't try the Corsa mode yet as I need to complete the break in time for the the clutch but also the new CCB discs and pads as well as the new LOC 567 exhaust.
Will give a new feedback soon once all is ready for strong action !

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Sean,

Thanks for posting the pics of the clutch installation.

I put approximately 500 miles since the clutch replacement (400 miles of highways) and I have to admit there is a noticeable change with the OEM clutch. Although I still had 40% on the OEM clutch the kevlar clutch engages better particularly on the first gear and reverse. No more slippage and it feels smoother. I didn't try the Corsa mode yet as I need to complete the break in time for the the clutch but also the new CCB discs and pads as well as the new LOC 567 exhaust.
Will give a new feedback soon once all is ready for strong action !
Laurent, thank you for your great comments.:) Please keep us updated when you have broken in the clutch and tell us what you think of the Corsa mode...

·
Vendor
1,759 Posts
Lamborghini Troy installs Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar Murcielago clutch

We wanted to thank Lamborghini Troy in Michigan for installing our Lamborghini Murcielago clutch. Our customer was very happy with their service. You can call Matt at Lamborghini Troy for our Kevlar clutch installation.

We also wanted to thank Darin for purchasing our Murcielago Kevlar clutch for his E-gear Murcielago. Darin wanted to get a clutch that will last longer than his stock clutch. His stock clutch only lasted approx. 7k miles. Now he doesn't have to worry about his clutch for a long time since our Kevlar clutch will last up to 300% longer than a stock clutch.

Here are some pictures of Darin's beautiful Murcielago:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lamborghini Murcielago clutch replace

Clutch was done by lamborghini of troy in troy michigan, everything went perfect. clutch feels like normal.
I would say its just like factory but should be able to go 30 or 40k miles way better than factory. Clutch was installed in march 2016. i will upday in one year.
Thanks, to Shawn @ hitech exotics.

301 - 320 of 483 Posts