Lamborghini Talk banner

261 - 280 of 483 Posts

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Hi
I had a high-tech exotic kevlar clutch installed in my 2006 Gallardo. Lamborghini were reluctant to install and provided some stern advice but I insisted and the clutch runs perfectly. Reverse is even better then OEM. Gears are flawless. John AKA Lamboperth took my car for a drive and seemed very pleased with the clutch. PM him for further feedback.
Word of caution there are a few Australian sellers trying to sell reconditioned clutches with Kevlar coating that I think Lamborghini had some trouble installing. Don’t waste your money and go for a new High Tech clutch.
Customer services from HighTech Exotics is awesome and I’m one not a person that is easily impressed.
PM me for any questions.
Thank you very much for your great feedback about our Kevlar clutch. I'm glad that you're very happy with it.

Your persistence with Lamborghini Melbourne was successful because they will only install Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch and no one else's. They had a lot of problems with other Kevlar clutch companies but they were surprised how good our Kevlar clutch shifts and the fact that it does not chatter or vibrate.

I also wanted to thank you for letting John AKA lamboperth drive your Gallardo and test drive our Kevlar clutch. That was very nice of you:wave:

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Hi,
I have just had Lamborghini Melbourne install new Hi-Tech kevlar clutch in 2006 G. On first test drive, same feel as Amire64 on take off and reverse.
Very happy with installation. Looking forward to long life with this clutch in the G. Need to bed in the clutch as per Sean's recommendations in italics.
You need to break it in for 500 miles. Keep the throttle under 50% and keep the revs under 4K. The 500 miles should be with a lot of street driving. The more normal shifting the better. Do not feather the throttle when taking off from a dead stop.
Great service and follow up communications from Sean. Much appreciated.
cheers,
john
John,

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad that you're happy with our Kevlar clutch.

I talked to Lamborghini Melbourne after installing your Kevlar clutch and they were very happy with our Kevlar clutch. They really like the linear engagement.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
We are happy to say that we have shipped another Hi Tech Exotic LP560 Kevlar clutch to Russia.

Our customer wanted to get a clutch that lasts longer than an OEM. He also wanted to make sure that the engagement is smooth. So we put him in contact with some of our other customers who had bought our LP560 clutch. He was satisfied with the feedback from our other customers.

After hearing all the positive feedbacks, he decided to buy our Kevlar clutch. I will have him post his feedback here.

As always, we start with a brand new clutch, not a worn out clutch like our competitors. That is one of the reasons that our Kevlar clutch lasts up to 300% longer than an OEM clutch.

Here are some pictures of the brand new flywheel.

Here are some pictures of the brand new clutch disc and the pressure plate. We remove a lot of oem parts and modify them with better and stronger parts.

Here are some pictures of the LP560 Kevlar clutch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi there!)
I bought and received the clutch , becuase I wanted really reliable product, and as I know OEM E-GEAR is very weak ( I have already changed 1
OEM kit, after 12000km) So I will post in future, how are my feelings in car with this clutch when I install .I meet Great response from Hi Tech Exotic , and information about detailed instructions for break in period of new kevlar clutch .
P.S.: At first view, quality of product is exellent! Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tech Exotic

I woulds like to thank Sean @ HI TECH and GVAN!!
Last year with 13,000 easy mile on my 2005 Gallardo 6 speed, I replaced my stock clutch with a "rebuilt Kevlar" unit. (I used the instruction GVAN posted, BTW Great job GVAN your clutch replacement post was outstanding).
After the installation, I had tremendous chattering, I had assumed this chatter was from the increased traction between the flywheel and components due to the kevlar material. The car became so difficult to drive my wife refused to drive it.

We'll 1 year and a 1,000 miles later, while on a night out with the wife, the clutch let loose, it would not hold back the engine if you exceeded 3,000 rpms.

After reading several of the posts about the different kevlar clutch suppliers, I decided to spend a little more money, and go with the clutch from Sean at Hi Tech. It is infact new and not rebuilt.
I could not be happier, The chatter is gone, the clutch petal is smooth and the car is easy to drive again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys,
So Put a Hi Tech clutch in. Sean knows his stuff so listen to him about the bearing replacement because my mechanic just reused the original one. Anyways the mechanic says he will guarantee no problems in the future. The clutch works great but have not raced it yet. I try to drive as hard as possible though. Sean is a professional so listen to his advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One extra point I would like to add: Buy the best plate pure lead battery for these cars and keep the battery on charge when your storing it. No one tells you this when you buy this car cause if you don't you will get e-gear fault messages and may have a hard time starting the car. If you do get an e-gear light when starting the car (and it does not start) wait 5 minutes and it usually clears itself and start it again. If you keep cranking it without waiting, you will run the battery down and you will be stuck. Maybe its only me that has this problem? I should post this somewhere for starting problems or e-gear problems.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
I woulds like to thank Sean @ HI TECH and GVAN!!
Last year with 13,000 easy mile on my 2005 Gallardo 6 speed, I replaced my stock clutch with a "rebuilt Kevlar" unit. (I used the instruction GVAN posted, BTW Great job GVAN your clutch replacement post was outstanding).
After the installation, I had tremendous chattering, I had assumed this chatter was from the increased traction between the flywheel and components due to the kevlar material. The car became so difficult to drive my wife refused to drive it.

We'll 1 year and a 1,000 miles later, while on a night out with the wife, the clutch let loose, it would not hold back the engine if you exceeded 3,000 rpms.

After reading several of the posts about the different kevlar clutch suppliers, I decided to spend a little more money, and go with the clutch from Sean at Hi Tech. It is infact new and not rebuilt.
I could not be happier, The chatter is gone, the clutch petal is smooth and the car is easy to drive again.
Thank you very much for your great comments about our Kevlar clutch.

I would like to make it clear that Dave bought a Kevlar clutch from another clutch last year(not us) and their Kevlar clutch lasted only 1,000 miles. It was also chattering from day one.

The reason that their Kevlar clutch was chattering was because they use a very cheap Kevlar material. We on the other hand use a very high quality Kevlar material same as the ones that are used in the aerospace industry. Our Kevlar material is a lot more expensive that what the other clutch supplier uses but it's worth every penny.

Another reason, that their Kevlar clutch was chattering, was that the pressure plate was not set up correctly. The pressure plate was not even modified by them to match the new lining. They did not even change the springs.

We have been building Kevlar clutches for over 15 years and we have never had one chatter because we set up correctly and we use a very high quality Kevlar material.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Hi Guys,
So Put a Hi Tech clutch in. Sean knows his stuff so listen to him about the bearing replacement because my mechanic just reused the original one. Anyways the mechanic says he will guarantee no problems in the future. The clutch works great but have not raced it yet. I try to drive as hard as possible though. Sean is a professional so listen to his advice.
I appreciate your great feedback about our kevlar clutch.

Too bad your mechanic didn't change the throw out bearing because our Kevlar clutch usually outlasts the throw out bearing.

Don't forget to break in our new Kevlar clutch. Keep the throttle under 50% and the rpm under 4K for 500 miles.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
One extra point I would like to add: Buy the best plate pure lead battery for these cars and keep the battery on charge when your storing it. No one tells you this when you buy this car cause if you don't you will get e-gear fault messages and may have a hard time starting the car. If you do get an e-gear light when starting the car (and it does not start) wait 5 minutes and it usually clears itself and start it again. If you keep cranking it without waiting, you will run the battery down and you will be stuck. Maybe its only me that has this problem? I should post this somewhere for starting problems or e-gear problems.
Thank you for your post.

You're 100% correct. When you store your Gallardo for a few days, the battery will go low and that will cause E-gear system not working properly. Hook up a battery tender

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do i need to hook the car to the Lamborghini computer once i change to Hi Tech Kevlar clutch or can i just replace my OEM and drive on? Its a Gallardo 2004

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
gvan is correct. If you have an E-gear, whether you get our Kevlar clutch or OEM, you need to reset the PIS with a Lamborghini or an aftermarket computer. We designed our Kevlar clutch in a way that you program it the same as an OEM.

You can have an independent shop that doesn't have the computer to install the clutch. After the installation, you should take your Lambo to a dealer and have them reset the PIS.

If you have a manual, there is no need for a computer to install a clutch.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
25th Anniversary Countach Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch

We are happy to announce that we have shipped another Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch for a 1989 Countach 25th Anniversary model to Quebec, Canada.

Our customer wanted a clutch that lasts longer than an OEM since installation of a Countach clutch takes approximately 40-50 hours. He also wanted to get a Countach Kevlar clutch that doesn't chatter. He was concerned that Countach Kevlar clutches from our competitors chatters. I told him that we have sold close to 1,000 Lamborghini Kevlar clutches and our customers have put close to 10 million miles on our Lamborghini Kevlar clutches and we have never had any chattering.

I also told him that one of the reasons that our Countach Kevlar clutch doesn't chatter is that we set it up correctly, which is super important. Setting up a Countach Kevlar clutch correctly will create a full contact with the flywheel.

Another reason is that we use a very high quality Kevlar material that is also used in the aerospace industry. We don't use cheap Kevlar material.

I also told him that our Countach Kevlar clutch has a 30% lighter clutch pedal pressure. He didn't know exactly what I meant. But after he installed our Countach Kevlar clutch, he kept telling me that it drives so much better and the clutch pedal is so much smoother. He said that he is actually driving and enjoying the car more since it's easier to drive.

I will have him post his feedback here.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/

You can read more about our Kevlar clutches here:

lamborghini | Hi Tech Exotic

Here are some pictures of our Countach Kevlar clutch. This Kevlar clutch kit fits 1986-1989 4V Countach. We also have a Kevlar clutch kit for 2V Countach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, just wanted to say that Hi Tech is great to deal with, and I am extremely happy with the Kevlar clutch I put in my 2004 twin turbo Gallardo. Cud o's to Sean. He was VERY easy to deal with and EXTREMELY accommodating. I couldn't be happier with the product or service. Thanks Hi Tech,
Mike

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Hey, just wanted to say that Hi Tech is great to deal with, and I am extremely happy with the Kevlar clutch I put in my 2004 twin turbo Gallardo. Cud o's to Sean. He was VERY easy to deal with and EXTREMELY accommodating. I couldn't be happier with the product or service. Thanks Hi Tech,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your great and kind feedback. I also enjoyed our phone conversations.

I'm glad that you're happy with our Gallardo Kevlar clutch. I know you were concerned that our competitor's Gallardo Kevlar clutch chatters... I told you that our Kevlar does not chatter.. You've had a chance to try our Gallardo Kevlar clutch. As you can see our Gallardo Kevlar clutch does not chatter because we use a very high quality Kevlar material, not the cheap quality Kevlar. We also spend a lot of time setting it up correctly because set up is crucial.

When you get a chance, post some pictures of your beautiful Twin Turbo Gallardo engine... I'm sure everyone here will enjoy the pictures.

He is responding to this thread that I started:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...kevlar-gallardo-clutch-shipped-indiana-28690/

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Sean

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
3 more Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch shipped to Germany, Australia and Dubai

We've just finished up a great week. We shipped the last 3 of 10 Gallardo Kevlar clutches that we sold in a group buy. These last 3 were shipped to Germany, Australia and Dubai.

As always, we start with brand new clutches. We modify them with stronger materials and Hi Quality Kevlar discs. Our set up is the best in the industry. That's why our Gallardo Kevlar clutches don't chatter. Our competitor's Gallardo Kevlar clutches chatter and fail because they use very cheap Kevlar material and don't set it up correctly. Our Gallardo Kevlar clutch is actually smoother than a stock clutch, in both E-gear and 6 speed manual. Same thing goes for our Murcielago Kevlar clutch. Our Murcielago Kevlar clutch is also smoother than a stock clutch and shifts faster at 7-8k rpm.

As you can see in the pictures, we bought 10 brand new clutches. You can see quantity 10 on a sticker from Lamborghini. You can also see Technical Certificate papers from Lamborghini. You will only get those if you buy a brand new one.

You can read more of our happy customer's feedback here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/

You can also read more about our Kevlar clutches here:

Kevlar Clutches | Hi Tech Exotic

Here is the sticker that shows that 10 brand new "F" series clutch was shipped to us.

Here are the Technical Certificates from Lamborghini.

261 - 280 of 483 Posts