Lamborghini Talk banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello,
I bought this Head Unit few months ago and i'm still happy with it.
It's one of the best upgrade i've done with my carbon steering wheel and few carbon fibers parts in my car.
I'm so happy with the rear view camera that do works and with warning/distance lines, with the tire pressure monitoring system bought to Carnaviplayer.
And if there is an issue Allen Wong from Carnaviplayer Can be contacted by email and Always answers quickly.

I just flashed the original rom with a modded one on XDA developers named Hal9k.

Don't hesitate !!
Deezer,Waze, IPTV....all apps works !!
Bluetooth, hands free calls....
You will update that old RNSE to the future.
And we Can help you if needed.
Fred.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you are still very happy with it. Looks like I am headed in this direction.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just received mine and I'm installing with the man himself "wrex" who started this thread. I can't wait to get this thing in. I bought the aftermarket Sony camera too. I'll try and take some pics/videos if I can.
Awesome, any install tips or pics would be great! I am going to order my unit tonight.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you are still very happy with it. Looks like I am headed in this direction.
And it looks like the OEM, that's why i bought this head Unit instead of pionner or others brands.
And it's the biggest screen.

I suggest you to buy the adapter i bought in order to use the gps car's antenna.

It's easier than adding another gps module like the one sold with thé Head unit

About wiring : you Can find pics on carnaviplayer website
But we Can still help you if needed.

The hardest job for me was to locate and wire the rear view camera module...(see my pics and review few posts ago) thanks to Leonel member that told me where it was located.
If your G is earlier than mine you are lucky because the module is just located behind the handbrake.
(But read posts about how to auto activate the camera module with a Relay or my trick i wrote on post #182 )
Fred.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Ok I finally made a video with AudioMan while installing his head unit today. We made the video in three parts, one for each one of wires you tap into on the backup camera module.

I realized after we finished that I didn’t show any of the actual relay, but that’s very straightforward and I promisethere are videos showing wiring for a 4/5 pin relay.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My order is in. Cannot wait to get it!

Reactions: wrex

·
Registered
143 Posts
My order is in. Cannot wait to get it!
Just wanted to update that my headunit has arrived. It took three days from placing the order which was way quicker than I expected. I have not opened it yet but I am hoping to find some time to install it soon.

-Vin

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Just wanted to update that my headunit has arrived. It took three days from placing the order which was way quicker than I expected. I have not opened it yet but I am hoping to find some time to install it soon.

-Vin
Awesome! I can’t wait to hear how it comes together!

·
Registered
162 Posts
And it looks like the OEM, that's why i bought this head Unit instead of pionner or others brands.
And it's the biggest screen.

I suggest you to buy the adapter i bought in order to use the gps car's antenna.

It's easier than adding another gps module like the one sold with thé Head unit

About wiring : you Can find pics on carnaviplayer website
But we Can still help you if needed.

The hardest job for me was to locate and wire the rear view camera module...(see my pics and review few posts ago) thanks to Leonel member that told me where it was located.
If your G is earlier than mine you are lucky because the module is just located behind the handbrake.
(But read posts about how to auto activate the camera module with a Relay or my trick i wrote on post #182 )
Fred.

Nice write up Fred, BTW the LP560 cars can also use your method to install and make the back camera work with reverse and camera button

BTW
I use this to with the Torque Pro and I am able to see all engine operations on the radio and capable for clearing codes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Post #1 and 8 go over it, but yes, the backup camera works with the button driving forward. That’s the whole reason the 6VDC relay is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i liked it better when the music or radio would stay in on while pressing and having the camera on for 15 seconds.
oh well still like the radio much better

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I installed this radio in my 2004 Gallardo and it works great! Did anyone buy the bluetooth obd2 adapter and got the TORQUE software to work with it? I tried but it seems that most
of the TORQUE features do not work with the my car. I can only see the speed display moving.

all the best,
Chris

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi,

I installed this radio in my 2004 Gallardo and it works great! Did anyone buy the bluetooth obd2 adapter and got the TORQUE software to work with it? I tried but it seems that most
of the TORQUE features do not work with the my car. I can only see the speed display moving.

all the best,
Chris
You Can read more than that !!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Hi,

all the best,
Chris
I just used Dash Command, which has a lot of functions, but the 2004 and 2005 cars are known for the OBD ports to not be 100% communicative all the time. On my 2009 car it displays everything I think it should.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyone has any idea on having the CD changer work.????
Not that I use but would be nice instead of having to removing it.....!

·
Registered
133 Posts
So huge thanks to @wrex for helping me install the new carnavi unit in my 2008 Gallardo Spyder. Here are some initial thoughts - the fit is horrible. You're still going to need to sand down the edges. I'm pretty sure that my radio will never come out again. It's that snug...really. I haven't had a ton of time to "play" yet but I can say that the FM receptions stinks. Who listens to FM anyway? If you do want good FM get an antenna booster. I got apple car play and android auto but I don't have an iphone to test apple carplay with. Figured if I sell at some point someone might want that.

Now here is what everyone wants to really know - does it improve the factory speakers? Well - they are what they are but there is graphic EQ available. The issue for me is that you cannot adjust the EQ while listening to a source. So, you can listen to music but then you have to go to the EQ and make adjustments from memory. Then go back to the source and check what your adjustments sound like. I'm a former full time studio engineer and I still have a home recording studio and do a few sessions each year. For me - I can listen and for instance say "I think I need to cut 3dB @ 300Hz or maybe I need to boost 1.5dB @ 2.5Khz". Even so I prefer to adjust on the fly as I have some music playing. I think this will be an annoyance for most people. Does it improve the factory speakers - yes. They can be improved beyond a simpe factory bass/treble adjustment. Are they great? No but they can at least be made to sound better.

Now it's not all bad. Being able to use my phone as a hotspot inside the car and connect to it via the built in WiFi card is very cool. Browsing the web in my car. Also very cool. Youtube videos/music inside the car is pretty awesome - minus the stupid ads that are hard to skip when you're driving down the road. Video quality does look fantastic. It's android based so you can install any app from the Google Play Store that you think you need. In fact I bought Torque Pro $4.99 and I plan on using that with a new OBDII connector soon. Navigation is good so far. I haven't really used it much yet. I don't really roadtrip with this car. I have not played with bluetooth yet so I don't know what phone calls sound like or what I sound like to other folks when speaking hands free.

My factory backup camera module is out on my car so I don't know what the backup camera looks like yet. However, I just discovered that the factory backup camera looks to be the same size as the aftermarket Sony camera I bought with the unit so I think it's just a matter of swapping out and bypassing the module to go direct to the unit. I'll lose the ability to hit the button in the center console and turn the camera on but - I honestly don't need that ability. As I have more time to play I'll do a better review with some pics - maybe video (I have a face for radio so not sure about the video LOL). Hope this helps someone out there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For youtube without ADS you have youtube Vanced.
Install it with Vanced manager

And you Can have a look on xda developers forum on Hal9k rom.
It's a good upgrade to the original rom.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
So huge thanks to @wrex for helping me install the new carnavi unit in my 2008 Gallardo Spyder. Here are some initial thoughts - the fit is horrible. You're still going to need to sand down the edges. I'm pretty sure that my radio will never come out again. It's that snug...really. I haven't had a ton of time to "play" yet but I can say that the FM receptions stinks. Who listens to FM anyway? If you do want good FM get an antenna booster. I got apple car play and android auto but I don't have an iphone to test apple carplay with. Figured if I sell at some point someone might want that.

Now here is what everyone wants to really know - does it improve the factory speakers? Well - they are what they are but there is graphic EQ available. The issue for me is that you cannot adjust the EQ while listening to a source. So, you can listen to music but then you have to go to the EQ and make adjustments from memory. Then go back to the source and check what your adjustments sound like. I'm a former full time studio engineer and I still have a home recording studio and do a few sessions each year. For me - I can listen and for instance say "I think I need to cut 3dB @ 300Hz or maybe I need to boost 1.5dB @ 2.5Khz". Even so I prefer to adjust on the fly as I have some music playing. I think this will be an annoyance for most people. Does it improve the factory speakers - yes. They can be improved beyond a simpe factory bass/treble adjustment. Are they great? No but they can at least be made to sound better.

Now it's not all bad. Being able to use my phone as a hotspot inside the car and connect to it via the built in WiFi card is very cool. Browsing the web in my car. Also very cool. Youtube videos/music inside the car is pretty awesome - minus the stupid ads that are hard to skip when you're driving down the road. Video quality does look fantastic. It's android based so you can install any app from the Google Play Store that you think you need. In fact I bought Torque Pro $4.99 and I plan on using that with a new OBDII connector soon. Navigation is good so far. I haven't really used it much yet. I don't really roadtrip with this car. I have not played with bluetooth yet so I don't know what phone calls sound like or what I sound like to other folks when speaking hands free.

My factory backup camera module is out on my car so I don't know what the backup camera looks like yet. However, I just discovered that the factory backup camera looks to be the same size as the aftermarket Sony camera I bought with the unit so I think it's just a matter of swapping out and bypassing the module to go direct to the unit. I'll lose the ability to hit the button in the center console and turn the camera on but - I honestly don't need that ability. As I have more time to play I'll do a better review with some pics - maybe video (I have a face for radio so not sure about the video LOL). Hope this helps someone out there.
View attachment 289613
I was thinking about your car today. We should try to figure out the backup camera button when we install your aftermarket camera. I genuinely believe we can accomplish it, but I didn’t ever need to do it in my car, since the module works. Let’s swap out your camera with the Sony one, and try to get that working too!

·
Registered
162 Posts

View attachment 289613

You dont need a antenna booster. Just coonnect te blue wire from the antenna harness to the blue wire coming out of the provided radio harness. the wire is labeled P. Antenna off the harness.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts