Lamborghini Talk banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sure -- here's the instructions that Allen sent, along with the bmp:

Well, the forum won't let me attach the .bmp, and I don't have anywhere to host it, but if you email Allen or just download the logo from somewhere else, you can use the instructions above to change the start up image
Thank you for the answer.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im wondering if the Pedal Commander will work with this radio.

its Bluetooth compatible
Pedal Commander PC09 Bluetooth

Pedal commander.PNG

·
Registered
267 Posts

its Bluetooth compatible

View attachment 286822
Jason.B from Burtman industries seems to sell something similar that connects directly on the pedal's connector...
I wouldn't trust in something on my phone...a bug ,a force close and what would happens ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jason.B from Burtman industries seems to sell something similar that connects directly on the pedal's connector...
I wouldn't trust in something on my phone...a bug ,a force close and what would happens ?

What I was referring to, is to download the PedalCommander app on the radio and control the pedal commander thru that. vs having to use your phone......

I tried the Sprintbooster, made my car react very strange at idle & engaging the clutch......I like it but I think it needs to be refined.....I tried 3 units... !

·
Registered
267 Posts
What I was referring to, is to download the PedalCommander app on the radio and control the pedal commander thru that. vs having to use your phone......

I tried the Sprintbooster, made my car react very strange at idle & engaging the clutch......I like it but I think it needs to be refined.....I tried 3 units... !
Autopilot :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I dont see why it shouldnt work, I have a similar android headunit and I run an obd2 diagnostic app "torque Pro" that uses bluetooth and it works fine.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
These are not easy, I've screwed up two of these so far with no end in sight! I just could not get the bubbles out of the darn thing!
Seriously though! I finally got it laid down perfectly. I had to use a plastic piece to hold up one edge while using a felt tip hard card pressing from one end and worked my way across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got my stereo from Car Navi Player, all looks good but when I plug it in nothing happens, even when turning the ignition on.

I've got an LP560-4 and the connection can be seen in the attached pics. Has one got any suggestions? Did anyone install the unit in an LP car?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have you well checked the power harness connection ?
Have you removed the screw (or two ?) on top of the Head Unit ?
Try to power on the Head Unit by pressing few seconds the main button...
I'm pretty sûre it's a harness connection issue...
Try to idle the car too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You know what I think is it... I don't think I started the engine!! I had assumed it would work with just the ignition on, but I emailed Car Navi Player and they said the engine needs to be started. I need to give it a go later - maybe it's that simple?!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Perhaps... The best way to solve your problem is to contact like you've done Allen Wong from carnaviplayer.

My Head Unit powers it on even if the keyfob isn't in.
I don't remember all the connection because i have done this job few months ago but i probably connected the power wire of the new Head Unit on a constant +12v (pin#15 of the D Audi connector :the black one)
(See the wire added on my pic)
Perhaps this could help
PS: i have a Gallardo 520, when looking at your pic i think we haven't the same "quad lock" (it's the Audi RNSE harness)
But just use a multimeter to find a constant +12v in this area

Fred.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I forgot to take a pic of the actual relay to make the backup camera work on ANY aftermarket radio, with or without the CAN-BUS in the head unit.

This is a simple 5 pin relay I got off of Amazon in a 2 pack and is 6v compatible. It cost $14.

You can get a plug to make it look cleaner if you want.

The 5 pins are labeled as 85 and 86 to trigger the relay. Then there’s 30 which is connected to the power of the 12v socket, and 87a and 87. You won’t use 87a at all.

Signal and ground will be attached to 85 and 86. You can mix up which connects to which and it won’t matter.

The power from the cigarette lighter and the output to the head unit will connect to 30 and 87. These can also be swapped with zero change in functionality.

Wrex

If you wouldn't mind or have the photos...is it possible for you to show exactly which wires and how you spliced and soldered them in the control unit?
Also that red wire going from relay to radio - is that a normal RCA cable that you cut the one end off and soldered/crimped it to the Relay and other end to the camera video input at the radio end?
Also can you explain what you are talking about "trigger" at Radio end to make the backup camera button work?

Thanks much

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I got my stereo from Car Navi Player, all looks good but when I plug it in nothing happens, even when turning the ignition on.

I've got an LP560-4 and the connection can be seen in the attached pics. Has one got any suggestions? Did anyone install the unit in an LP car?

View attachment 287415
The original thread was started with instructions installing into an LP560-4. I think for the first time I actually had to press the main knob to power it on for the first time, but the engine DOES NOT need to be started for it to work.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Wrex

If you wouldn't mind or have the photos...is it possible for you to show exactly which wires and how you spliced and soldered them in the control unit?
Also that red wire going from relay to radio - is that a normal RCA cable that you cut the one end off and soldered/crimped it to the Relay and other end to the camera video input at the radio end?
Also can you explain what you are talking about "trigger" at Radio end to make the backup camera button work?

Thanks much
I’m positive I called out exactly which wires to splice into on an LP car and which one of the 2 harnesses, but I don’t have any photos of it still.

·
Registered
267 Posts

its Bluetooth compatible

View attachment 286822
Lambo isn't in the list

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi everyone. I am finally sick enough of the factory headunit in my 09' Gallardo that I am going to pull the trigger on a new headunit. I was considering an Alpine ILX unit mainly because I can trust the Alpine brand. However, it is not a direct fit and will probably require a harness and some wire splicing which I would prefer not to do. Based on the feedback on this thread the carnavi unit seems to be the better product in terms of fit and plug play.

Has anyone's opinion of the product changed from good to bad after having some time with the unit? I am planning to order it before the week is up but wanted some feedback before I did so.

Thanks in advance.

-Vin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi everyone. I am finally sick enough of the factory headunit in my 09' Gallardo that I am going to pull the trigger on a new headunit. I was considering an Alpine ILX unit mainly because I can trust the Alpine brand. However, it is not a direct fit and will probably require a harness and some wire splicing which I would prefer not to do. Based on the feedback on this thread the carnavi unit seems to be the better product in terms of fit and plug play.

Has anyone's opinion of the product changed from good to bad after having some time with the unit? I am planning to order it before the week is up but wanted some feedback before I did so.

Thanks in advance.

-Vin
Hello,
I bought this Head Unit few months ago and i'm still happy with it.
It's one of the best upgrade i've done with my carbon steering wheel and few carbon fibers parts in my car.
I'm so happy with the rear view camera that do works and with warning/distance lines, with the tire pressure monitoring system bought to Carnaviplayer.
And if there is an issue Allen Wong from Carnaviplayer Can be contacted by email and Always answers quickly.

I just flashed the original rom with a modded one that can be found on XDA developers named Hal9k.

Don't hesitate !!
Deezer,Waze, IPTV....all apps works !!
Bluetooth, hands free calls....
You will update that old RNSE to the future.
And we Can help you if needed.
Fred.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just received mine and I'm installing with the man himself "wrex" who started this thread. I can't wait to get this thing in. I bought the aftermarket Sony camera too. I'll try and take some pics/videos if I can.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts