Lamborghini Talk banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you Leonel for your advices.
As soon as i work on it , i will takes pics.
Fred

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes it works !!
Thank you Leonel for thé diagram !!!

So, my first work with GRB Sync has been removed, like the GRB module that converted GRB to RCA..the video signal Sync was Bad..

So now it's all good !!!

Pin 1 : white wire is vidéo +
Pin 2: black wire is vidéo ground

Those 2 wires must be connected to an RCA connector and then connected to "Video in" wire of the Head Unit.
But they need to stay connected to the caméra module.
I just put 2 wires between each.

Pin 3 : Brown&black is ground for camera
Pin 4. : Brown&red is +6v for camera
It's the power supply of the camera they need to stay connected to the caméra module.

I didn't used those two wires (3 & 4) with any Relay :
The trick is that in reverse Gear , the Head Unit recognize the video signal with Can.

But the button near the Egear plate ( perhaps not any Gallardo have this option, but my SE from 2006 do has it) won't work with Can, so to make it work, i just used the Pin 2 (named RFSL) of the C connector from thé RNSE connector.
This wire is white and when we push the camera button (the one near the Egear plate) it gives +12v
So this RFSL must be connected to the purple wire of the Head Unit named "back".

Like this all works :
Reverse Gear : the head Unit auto Switch to thé camera vidéo signal with Can
Camera Switch button: thé RFSL gives 12v to the "back" wire of the Head Unit and then auto Switch to thé camera vidéo signal .

That's it !

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e738cc6c6e53/VID-20200319-WA0005.mp4

·
Registered
268 Posts
And added this wire to connect the car's GPS antenna to the Head Unit.

Cable FAKRA C 5005 Bleu SMB mâle à SMA mâle à sertir RG316 6" Pigtail

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
And added this wire to connect the car's GPS antenna to the Head Unit.

Cable FAKRA C 5005 Bleu SMB mâle à SMA mâle à sertir RG316 6" Pigtail

I didn't even think of that. I'm curious to hear how effective it is vs. the one that comes in the box.

·
Registered
268 Posts
the only way to know is to find the specs (cold fix, hot fix) of the 2 GPS chips...
good luck with Lamborghini :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes it works !!
Thank you Leonel for thé diagram !!!

So, my first work with GRB Sync has been removed, like the GRB module that converted GRB to RCA..the video signal Sync was Bad..

So now it's all good !!!

Pin 1 : white wire is vidéo +

Those 2 wires must be connected to an RCA connector and then connected to "Video in" wire of the Head Unit.
But they need to stay connected to the caméra module.
I just put 2 wires between each.

It's the power supply of the camera they need to stay connected to the caméra module.

The trick is that in reverse Gear , the Head Unit recognize the video signal with Can.

But the button near the Egear plate ( perhaps not any Gallardo have this option, but my SE from 2006 do has it) won't work with Can, so to make it work, i just used the Pin 2 (named RFSL) of the C connector from thé RNSE connector.
This wire is white and when we push the camera button (the one near the Egear plate) it gives +12v
So this RFSL must be connected to the purple wire of the Head Unit named "back".

Like this all works :
Camera Switch button: thé RFSL gives 12v to the "back" wire of the Head Unit and then auto Switch to thé camera vidéo signal .

That's it !

Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File VID-20200319-WA0005.mp4

Hey,

So I got to pull my camera control module. it's bad!!!! rusted inside!!! strange!!
waiting for a new one.

------------------------

Im going over your wiring, explanation. im confused on the wires to bring to the back of the radio from the control module? and where to connect them on the radio connector
(not to use the relay) have any pics of this? merci!

BTW have the same year and color and you car 06 SE 177 of 250

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello Leonel,

looks so bad... how can water goes here...perhaps a damaged rubber seal ?

wiring is easy :
you will need few meters of electrical wires, a new or old audio or video RCA male connector (yes,you can use a red, white or yellow RCA connector audio or video connector, doesn't matter)
Or just buy a very long RCA wire and cut it.

just use 2 new wires and plug them in PIN #1 and 2 like pic attached
OR use a quick double connector to add two wires (to pin#1 and pin #2 of the video module connector of the car)

Pin 1 : white wire is vidéo + (video signal)
3 and 4 It's the power supply of the camera they need to stay connected to the camera module, like 1 and 2
Don't forget to reconnect the connector to the camera module after that !

then connect your new created RCA connector to your head unit to VIDEO IN wire #20 on the head unit diagram

But the camera button near the Egear plate ( perhaps not any Gallardo have this option, but my SE from 2006 do has it) won't work with Can, so to make it work, i just used the Pin 2 (named RFSL) of the C (green) connector from thé RNSE connector.
So this RFSL must be connected to the purple wire of the Head Unit named "back" wire #19 on the head unit diagram

Like this all works :

That's it !
Hope all is clear
I forget to say that i put my wire from behind the pasenger seat, then in the central console (under the hand brake) and then to the head unit
but i could have put in directly near the pasenger feet and then to the head unit...

ps: excuse me for my bad english, I'm French.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello Leonel,

looks so bad... how can water goes here...perhaps a damaged rubber seal ?

wiring is easy :
you will need few meters of electrical wires, a new or old audio or video RCA male connector (yes,you can use a red, white or yellow RCA connector audio or video connector, doesn't matter)
Or just buy a very long RCA wire and cut it.

just use 2 new wires and plug them in PIN #1 and 2 like pic attached
OR use a quick double connector to add two wires (to pin#1 and pin #2 of the video module connector of the car)

Pin 1 : white wire is vidéo + (video signal)
3 and 4 It's the power supply of the camera they need to stay connected to the camera module, like 1 and 2
Don't forget to reconnect the connector to the camera module after that !

then connect your new created RCA connector to your head unit to VIDEO IN wire #20 on the head unit diagram

But the camera button near the Egear plate ( perhaps not any Gallardo have this option, but my SE from 2006 do has it) won't work with Can, so to make it work, i just used the Pin 2 (named RFSL) of the C (green) connector from thé RNSE connector.
So this RFSL must be connected to the purple wire of the Head Unit named "back" wire #19 on the head unit diagram
View attachment 286723
Like this all works :

That's it !
Hope all is clear
I forget to say that i put my wire from behind the pasenger seat, then in the central console (under the hand brake) and then to the head unit
but i could have put in directly near the pasenger feet and then to the head unit...

ps: excuse me for my bad english, I'm French.
View attachment 286726

View attachment 286721 View attachment 286722 View attachment 286725

the positive is the middle connection of the RCV, the ground is the outside of the RCA?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
268 Posts
You're welcome.
Without your help i won't be able to locate this module (near the passenger's door)
When will you receive your New module ?
Hope to see it works with the New Head Unit.
Keep us in touch.
Fred.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You're welcome.
Without your help i won't be able to locate this module (near the passenger's door)
When will you receive your New module ?
Hope to see it works with the New Head Unit.
Keep us in touch.
Fred.

;) Glad I can help! I received a used one for now, I silicone caulked it around the module to prevent water infiltration (if hat is the problem).

The module I replaced is a used one I got. It works fine now.!!
Im just waiting on the GPS Fakra C wire converter you noted..... Does you GPS work fine with the stock antenna????

In regards to the control module they are on back order, I hope they modify to update the inside.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes without any issues.
I didn't notice any différence between the lambo's Gps antenna and the one sold with the New Head Unit (neither cold or hot fix)
And i do prefere beeing as oem as possible.
That's why i searched the frakra adaptor you are waiting for.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You guys are sooo techy, my head unit has been sitting on the work bench for months! :(

I keep saying this is not too hard yet im not motivated to start, feeling like ill just take it to the shop for install. I'd love to have a small sub in passenger foot well but that means moving all the fuse box crap up behind the glove box which seems like a ton of work.

The door speakers are crap so that needs to be addressed as well.

Stuck in limbo with lambo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just recently got this same head unit installed, and I wanted to share a few things with the community here:

• The tech support via email was excellent. Like the unit came with practically no instructions, so that kind of sucks, but when you email them with questions, they answer back within, like, and hour or so. I was pretty impressed.
  • I linked my unit up to my home wifi when in my garage, to install apps and such, and when it was connected to home wifi, it would lockup completely after 5 minutes of being connected. It turned out this was because of some change from google (something about the play-store location) and the fix was to reflash the unit with a new android version. They sent me that new image with instructions to install.
  • After updating the android version, the "Lamborghini" start up screen was gone, it just started showing "Android" instead. So they sent me the bmp to replace it, and the password for the head unit factory settings so I could apply it.

So if your unit is locking up, just email them for the new android version, make sure you ask for the bmp and the factory settings password too.

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes i do agree with you.
Allen Wong from carnaviplayer answers very quickly.
Can you confirm that you have an update file to change the bootlogo ?
Could you share the file and the howto ?
Anyway, i have flashed the rom with one developped by an XDA developer (Hal9k) and is better than the original rom.
(Search "MTCD software developement" on XDA developers forum)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure -- here's the instructions that Allen sent, along with the bmp:

Please download the attached photo(Lamborghini .bmp). Copy to USB thumb drive and connect to the radio. Then check Settings/CAR/Factory settings/password 318/Car logo/User/customs, then choose the Lamborghini.bmp photo.
Well, the forum won't let me attach the .bmp, and I don't have anywhere to host it, but if you email Allen or just download the logo from somewhere else, you can use the instructions above to change the start up image

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok guys I need help, I've got the new unit installed everything works except when I connect my phone via Bluetooth it does phone calling fine but will not play music from my phone??? I used the dongle deal to try and connect via USB and still nothing.

What am I missing????

Also I guess I used the wrong word "installed" I have it all hooked up, the next biggest issue is it too large without hacking something up to make it fit. I thought this was supposed to be plug n play???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
How long ago did you order it? Earlier units had to be trimmed like I did in my early posts. They updated it later on to be the proper size. Is it actually a rectangle? Or is it trapezoidal? If it’s a trapezoid in shape, you need to cut it down or contact them if you ordered it after they changed it.

Bluetooth audio streaming comes through when the head unit is on that input. CarPlay is an “app” within the head unit that you might have to select the first go around to connect it. I know I might be stating the obvious but genuinely trying to start from the beginning to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
wrex,
I got it maybe 8 months ago, I did have to round off the corners and actually grind down the small screw heads on the sides. I should have done the top ones as well as the left a little booger right where the top slides in. I wasnt too happy about that but what can you do?? Anyway she is in, back up camera is operational and I guess once I learn all there is to know about the darn thing it'll be great.

On a positive having the sound adjustments made a big difference in the sound quality of my car even though it still has the crappy OEM door speakers but thats an upgrade maybe in the future.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts