Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally I'll take my Murci to local car shows. I usually just park at the end of one of the rows and open the hood. I usually don't stay long, just long enough to look the other cars over and get some ideas for projects for mine.
Last Weekend we went to a local spot and didn't really expect much as it was overcast, but there were actually quite a few cars. We parked at the end of the row like always and started looking at the cars parked near us.
About five cars down from me was a silver Charger that my Wife fell in love with. She kept commenting to the owner how much she liked it and asked about how it rides and if there was a stereo system. They were talking and laughing and I wandered away to look at the next row of cars. When I came back a little later I didn't see the two of them. Then I realized they were standing behind the Charger talking. I thought they were standing a little too close and so I walked down to my Murci and knelt down to peek around the back of the car and see if I could tell what they were up to. Neither of them could see me, but the Charger's owner gave my Wife a piece of paper which I assumed was his number and for a moment it looked to me like they were about to start kissing.
That's when I noticed some light scratch on the carbon wrapped bumper. Not a lot, just enough to see up close. I'm wondering, can this be buffed out or should I take it to the shop that did the wrap?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Lol. Jackass!!!! You got me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Occasionally I'll take my Murci to local car shows. I usually just park at the end of one of the rows and open the hood. I usually don't stay long, just long enough to look the other cars over and get some ideas for projects for mine.
Last Weekend we went to a local spot and didn't really expect much as it was overcast, but there were actually quite a few cars. We parked at the end of the row like always and started looking at the cars parked near us.
About five cars down from me was a silver Charger that my Wife fell in love with. She kept commenting to the owner how much she liked it and asked about how it rides and if there was a stereo system. They were talking and laughing and I wandered away to look at the next row of cars. When I came back a little later I didn't see the two of them. Then I realized they were standing behind the Charger talking. I thought they were standing a little too close and so I walked down to my Murci and knelt down to peek around the back of the car and see if I could tell what they were up to. Neither of them could see me, but the Charger's owner gave my Wife a piece of paper which I assumed was his number and for a moment it looked to me like they were about to start kissing.
That's when I noticed some light scratch on the carbon wrapped bumper. Not a lot, just enough to see up close. I'm wondering, can this be buffed out or should I take it to the shop that did the wrap?

I would check the wifes IQ if this actually happens ever. Reverse hypergamy

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
No gentlemen, he is being serious, and yes you can sand it out with one of those electric sanders with a heavy course grit. Not to worry it will come out.........remember use a light touch, at first.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Oh definitely serious, Angle never jokes!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Got a good laugh out of that!
If it’s a vinyl wrap you’re talking about you can try a little heat of it to see if the scuffs self heal but it is pretty limited with the carbon fiber look stuff. Unfortunately you can’t really polish scratches out of vinyl so you may need to have that area wrapped again.

If it’s real carbon fiber you’re talking about you can polish out a lot of small scratches with buffing compound (I use Meguiars m105). If they’re deeper, you can wet sand as Lambo2018 mentioned, then polish out. In that case I’d do it by hand and start with 1-2k grit and finish with 3k and m105.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No gentlemen, he is being serious, and yes you can sand it out with one of those electric sanders with a heavy course grit. Not to worry it will come out.........remember use a light touch, at first.
Oops! I made things worse…
I was too impatient, I didn’t have the palm sander so I used a belt sander with 200 grit. It almost ate thru the bumper!
Activate plan B. Thunderbirds a GO!

decided to match the rear bumper with the Liquid Silver Wrap I did to the front accents a year ago. Thanks for all the advice, it’s really put my mind in a better place!

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Orange

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Angel, no, it looks good, I wouldn't change a thing. :rolleyes: Worse case scenario if it falls off you can use it for that nights dinner. See, you just have to be resourceful and think outside the box on occasion.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Speaking of mods… has anyone done the in dash candy dispenser? My guy Fast Freddie(does all my mods) has a shop out of the back of the local Dollar Store and says I should stick to the OEM candy dispenser.
i talked to my Lamborghini SA and they think I’m nutz. I’m confused. Is it a candy or nutz dispenser?

tia

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I think a nicely dash mounted PEZ dispenser would be a wonderful mod.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does your wife know she is being used as a prop in your interesting sense of humor? I'd be real curious to get her opinion. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts