Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I purchased a carbon wing from Mr. Cardena AKA (Doostur), I was told that it was a perfect fit, and it was fit tested. I was also told that all I had to do was look up comments on the forum to attest to this. I decided to purchase the part and was promised approximately two weeks to ship. That turned into almost a month; when the part came in and I first open the box I noticed that the clear coat was peeling on the wing leg. I immediately contacted Mr. Cardna (AKA Doostur) and sent him pictures of the peeling clear coat. His response was “I checked it and it looked fine to me.” He went on to tell me that a body shop could fix it and he would give me the difference. I felt that was fair since it was a small area. I took the car to a “Reputable Shop” who is also a sponsor on this forum to have the wing installed. I was not only shown but told that the wing was defective. The drill holes did not line up for the backup camera plate and the brake light hole was too small. When I contacted Mr. Cardenas (AKA Doostur) and told him I was upset and wanted my money back; I was told that I needed a professional installer to put the wing on. After demanding my money back he said I was handling this unprofessionally. I told him I will post the ordeal on the forum and he told to go ahead because everyone knows him. After numerous calls and texts Mr. Carenas (AKA Doostur) has not contacted me nor refunded my money. For those who did get great parts from him lucky you; I have to chalk this up as a lost.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,495 Posts
I'm always sorry to hear stories like this especially when it involves a known forum member. However we all know there's always 2 sides to every story. I hope things can be worked out so everyone is happy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You have two posts to your credit and one of them is to complain about a long term member. Looking at previous posts, there appears to be a number of satisfied customers.

The lack of posts on your part, DOESN'T however mean there isn't an issue with the wing.

You mentioned that peeling and poor fitment are an issue.

Please post pictures of the above.

It will help current members understand your concerns and allow potential future buyers to make an informed opinion as to whether or not to deal with the seller in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictues of the wing

Unfortunately since its carbon it can't be modified for the brake light fitment. I decided to just get another one, and post my experience. I was asked to pay through PayPal and his name I wasn't sent a invoice from him( another lesson learned) Always ask for a invoice sent to you, as I was told by the administrator.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is just my opinion, but based on what I see, I think you have every right to be disappointed with the quality of the work.

Questionable quality and fit might be fine on a cheap import, but yours is a high end car and the fit and finish of aftermarket parts should IMHO be top notch.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
If you paid through paypal using a credit card, you can easily dispute this through your CC company. Good luck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes I think there are some quality issues with this wing. I have dealt with Doostur in the past and as well I had a great experience. I actually bought a set of skirts that he said had a minor defect (for a good price). Upon arrival I inspected and didn't notice any issues (its possible its there but nothing that my eyes picked up on). He was up front and offered me a great price for what he called a defective set of skirts.

I hope you guys can work it out as the quality of the parts I got was great (even when stated they had defects)..

Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Mr. Doostur never contacted me back and just kept my money; I have since purchased a new wing had it installed. I didn't want to post this thread originally because I saw that there were a lot of satisfied customers, but blowing me off pissed me off. Especially if your claim was a perfect fit and no defects. I'm having a great time with my car and have moved on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts