Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 Gallardo and I'm removing the original (worn) seats with ones from an '08 which are in much nicer condition and they also have the heated seat option. Of course I've already replaced the AC controls with a unit that has the heated seat button. My question is regarding disconnecting the wiring harness under the seat. Is there anything special I need to do when disconnecting these like disconnect the battery? I wasn't sure if there was any airbag connections that I should be concerned about. It seems pretty straightforward but I thought I'd double check before I did something I'd regret. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Can you please post pictures of the removal? I have a airbag light that comes on and goes out and I know it's in the connection!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be happy to post some photo's but I've already removed the 4 bolts and cut the zip ties that secure the wires to the bottom of the seat. I just need to disconnect the 2 plugs under each seat but, I didn't want to do so without some sort of advice/reassurance from somebody that doing so would be fine without disconnecting the battery. Why not disconnect the battery anyway? Yes, I dread reprogramming all my radio stations. ; )

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can disconnect the wires without disconnecting the battery BUT don't start the car with them disconnected or you will pop a "Airbag" light that the dealer will have to turn off for you. Just wait until the new seats are installed and plugged in to start the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can disconnect the wires without disconnecting the battery BUT don't start the car with them disconnected or you will pop a "Airbag" light that the dealer will have to turn off for you. Just wait until the new seats are installed and plugged in to start the car.
Thank you for taking the time to post your reply. I just checked my tracking numbers and it shows that my new seats will be here within a couple of hours. :D Thanks again for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts