Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
No bueno. I've tried using the VAGCOM on Lambo with no luck. It is setup to work with Bentley and I've heard rumor that it works with the new Bugatti's as well.

Porsche and Lambo seem to have been given their own setups.

OEM, Leonardo Accini and the ST05 are the only options that I've come across.
The Porsche Cayenne is easy to do. I do it all the time. The PIN configurations are slightly different than a VW, Audi or Bentley. Read the attachment.

Find me the schematics from the DLC to all installed controllers (including CAN), then it may be possible. Especially from 2005 models, the possibility is much greater.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'll see what I can do to get the break down. I have Durametric Porsche software as well, so I just use that instead (obviously) when I do Porsche work.

I have heard that the '08+ Lambo uses Audi based systems as opposed to the earlier (chrysler developed?) systems to it's more likely the VAGCOM will work with some creative thinking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get a DLC breakout box and see what lines are active. I have one with LEDs and the visual aspect offers a fast solution on serial and CAN activity. As for the Cayenne, you'll never use the durametric on that model again. With the correct data information, labels can be created to fit those models. I've started but don't have all the descriptions of all blocks. Most are working like: Engine, Parking Aid, Transmission, Airbags, Instrument Cluster etc. etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll see what I can do to get the break down. I have Durametric Porsche software as well, so I just use that instead (obviously) when I do Porsche work.

I have heard that the '08+ Lambo uses Audi based systems as opposed to the earlier (chrysler developed?) systems to it's more likely the VAGCOM will work with some creative thinking.
Just asking but why not use PIWIS for the models except the Cayenne.
Here's an image of the box I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes...you can change the pin outs on the diagnostic connector to the specs of a Audi/vw...everything scans and works like a vw with vagcom. I did this to mine. You can get into clutch electronics too. All this with my $99 v-checker off eBay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes...you can change the pin outs on the diagnostic connector to the specs of a Audi/vw...everything scans and works like a vw with vagcom. I did this to mine. You can get into clutch electronics too. All this with my $99 v-checker off eBay.
Can you please provide more detailed info! Which connector? What pins to change? Possible to make an adaptor? Got a schematic?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you please provide more detailed info on the pin outs from the v-checker to work on the Lambo? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
The Gallardo OBDII socket does not put out information compatable with the older diagnostic handheld readers. You must have one that can read the CAN bus format. Please see:-
Diagnostic OBDII Codes for a Gallardo

for some more info. If you really need more detail information such as clutch ware etc. you need to use the dealer $xxxx Lamborghini diagnostic system. I bet a good software expert could figure most codes/hardware out but unfortunatly there are not enough cars too make it worthwhile.
I don't know if this has been posted before ,but in my search for the meaning of life and OBD II codes, or is it the other way round:whip: I came across this site with 2,220 codes :eek:

Possibly useful addition to the excellent lamboweb OBDII diagnostics site mentioned above.
Lamborghini Fault Codes - OBD Cloud

cheers,
john

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted before ,but in my search for the meaning of life and OBD II codes, or is it the other way round:whip: I came across this site with 2,220 codes :eek:

Possibly useful addition to the excellent lamboweb OBDII diagnostics site mentioned above.
Lamborghini Fault Codes - OBD Cloud

cheers,
john

Nice John

Her is the pinout for Actia Basic Xs I+ME.

Might get Handy:evil:

(Basic+ XS)
In the following table you see the pinnings of the 15 pins D-Sub connector.

Pin Name Remarks

1 - Reserved
2 CAN L CAN Low (CAN_82C251_A)
3 GND Vehicle ground, KL31
4 CAN L CAN Low (CAN_TJA1054)
5 - Reserved
6 - Reserved
7 K-Line 1 K-Line
8 V ECU ECU power supply
9 GND Vehicle ground, KL31
10 CAN H CAN High (CAN_82C251_A)
11 CAN H CAN High (CAN_TJA1054)
12 V BATT Battery coltage, KL30 (8 - 16V)
13 - Reserved
14 - Reserved
15 - Reserved

Device Pinnings CAT
In the following table you see the pinnings of the 9 pins D-Sub connector.

Pin Name Remarks
1 - Reserved
2 CAN L CAN Low (CAN_82C251_A)
3 GND Vehicle ground, KL31
4 CAN L CAN Low (CAN_82C251_B or CAN_TJA1054)
5 CAN Single Wire CAN (CAN_TLE6255_LS or CAN_TLE6255_HS)
6 - Reserved
7 CAN H CAN High (CAN_82C251_A)
8 CAN H CAN High (CAN_82C251_B or CAN_TJA1054)
9 V Batt Battery voltage (8 - 16V)

Brg Bjørn:wave:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts