Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !
Does anyone have the odb diagnostic software for the gallardo ?
I have bought an odb2 interface from ebay and it works ok with a general diagnostic software.
But it cannot read the specific gallardo parameters.
Please help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lamboweb.com has a section on the ODB codes and their description, this list along with a generic reader and you have the codes and the descriptions for the majority, not all, of the errors.

·
Registered
138 Posts
there was also a guy having vag-com adaptable cables made, but think they make them in batches of 4. I know that gave 'some' functionality too, but not 100% sure how much.
if we can get a few more together, i think they will make another batch. and vag-com software is somewhat freely available (like i think i have an old copy from when i was tuning my b5 s4)

·
Registered
335 Posts
The Gallardo OBDII socket does not put out information compatable with the older diagnostic handheld readers. You must have one that can read the CAN bus format. Please see:-
Diagnostic OBDII Codes for a Gallardo

for some more info. If you really need more detail information such as clutch ware etc. you need to use the dealer $xxxx Lamborghini diagnostic system. I bet a good software expert could figure most codes/hardware out but unfortunatly there are not enough cars too make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lamborghini Software Pricing

Just curious, does anyone know what the cost is for the Lamborghini Diagnostic software?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The software comes preloaded on to the computer and needs their system to be logged in to work.

When the system updates, it is done online. A new Panasonic Toughbook version just came out recently. If I remember correctly to get everything it would cost around 15k. If anyone really is interested I may be able to get one (PM or email me) but am not 100% sure about the updates or support. I will look into it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you get a genuine HEX-USB+CAN or HEX-COM+CAN interface from Ross-Tech, you shouldn't have any problems at all getting engine data. For everything else (ABS, airbag, and so on), you'll need the Lamborghini-specific scan tool.

After installing the software and cable driver, and set up the software, you'll see the following screen:

Hit the "options" button and you'll be at this screen:

You'll first need to test the cable using whichever interface you've bought.

Go back to the main screen and hit the OBD-II button, and diagnose away.

If you have any problems connecting, go back to the options screen and check the "bypass OBD-II fastinit" box, and try again.

Have fun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
First the link on this forum I posted on 10-3-2008 has somehow gotten hijacked to some junk site! Whoever maintains the forum may need to check if this to see if it has happened in other cases. The link for:-
Diagnostic OBDII codes for a Gallardo should be:-

www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Gallardo_Repairs_OBDII_For_A_Gallardo.htm]Diagnostic[/url] OBDII Codes for a Gallardo

I have spelled it out here so it hopefully cannot be hijacked.

As far as VAG-COM software is concerned, if you get the special hardware you can read OBDII codes. I have an old version and could only get very limited info with that setup. Perhaps the newer versions are better. But at best all you will get is OBDII info.

If that's all you want then there are many software/hardware options. I really like the Scantool.net setup.
See:-
ScanTool.net]ScanTool.net - Products - Products

Their own simple software is OK. But there are a number of other programs. PCMSCAN is nice! See:-

PCMSCAN - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

What is really needed however is software to read specific Lamborghini codes. In particular with something that costs less than 15K!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually I'm working on a diagnostics solution (hardware) for an acceptable price. I dont't know if it will work with ABS/Airbag Controllers, but it now seems to work with LDAS at least. In about 2 weeks I'll know if it works 100%ly. Anyone interested? Surely only if it will work out...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Actually I'm working on a diagnostics solution (hardware) for an acceptable price. I dont't know if it will work with ABS/Airbag Controllers, but it now seems to work with LDAS at least. In about 2 weeks I'll know if it works 100%ly. Anyone interested? Surely only if it will work out...
Yes...interested.
Email: jason (at) blackforestmotorsport (dot) com
phone: 716-634-1200

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am interested. Please PM me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it really works (what I hope, of course ;-) it will support the same types as the original Lamborghini LDAS Laptop Tester (concerning the engine management):

Gallardo 2004 -2007
Murcielago 2002 -2006
Murcielago LP640
Diablo 1996 - 1999
Diablo 6.0 - GT 2000 - 2001

I'll also try to work on the ABS/airbag diagnostics, but for me the engine is more important right now :)

By the way: I can offer flash-tools (slave- or master-solution) for custom-made mappings (which we've been successfully selling here in germany / europe for years) for:

Lamborghini Gallardo (also Spyder)
Lamborghini Murcielago (also LP640)

with Campi-ECUs (square).
It only doesn't work with early Murcielago Campi-ECUs (the rectangular/big ones).

If someone should be interested, just Email me: lamborghiniATkold-fireDOTde
This tool works (like our mappings) since years.
Pictures of the tool, dyno-printouts etc. are available.

My new page will be online in February, we also offer mappings (chiptuning) for nearly all chiptune-able cars (with or without mechanical changes...). Alright, enough advertising :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very Interested

I have the ProScan ODB-II diagnostic software/device and would be interested. Please PM with more details when available.

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi @ ALL!

Unfortunately I’ve been ill for the last 2,5 weeks, that’s why I couldn’t do a thing around the Lamborghini LDAS – project in the meantime.
Today I’ve ordered some parts to go on with it next week. I will let you know, as soon as I have something new to tell about it.
Sorry I can’t send you any other information yet.

Best Regards,
Lukas

1 - 20 of 53 Posts