Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some feed back on where your water temps read. Does your gauge stick to 80 or wander around.

My gauge used to jump around allot, so I replaced the sending unit which seemed to stop it, usually sticks at about 80, but today temp got to around 90, and was twitching. I know 80-90 is nothing, but it's BIG on the gauge. I'd feel better if that needle stayed put.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine used to wander up to 100 [and a bit more ], turned out to be weak cap on the coolant expansion/overflow tank. Yours sounds more of an electrical issue. I'm no expert, but 'do the obvious' first.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Water temp on mine is around 80 but floates depending on outside temp. and how I'm driving.

Older Diablo guages are not very accurate. I did notice on mine that the oil temp. doesn't alway move in sequence with the water temp., and the oil psi is around 2 - 3 with the car hot and higher when cold. Is this normal?

·
Registered
464 Posts
raymondo said:
Would like some feed back on where your water temps read. Does your gauge stick to 80 or wander around.

My gauge used to jump around allot, so I replaced the sending unit which seemed to stop it, usually sticks at about 80, but today temp got to around 90, and was twitching. I know 80-90 is nothing, but it's BIG on the gauge. I'd feel better if that needle stayed put.
On the hot days in trafiic mine will hit 100 and the more I move it goes around 95. I also had my water pump changed so this is acurate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts