Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a follow up to another post I made and I'm still relatively new here. 92 5.7 Diablo..

Water temp stays glued at 90 under idle, not matter what. Freeway also glued at 90. Driving in town (around 35-40) she works up to 100, then drops to 90. It's the 100 I'm worried about. Even with both fans on while driving at 40 she will go up to 100...pull up to a light, while under idle comes down to 90 and holds. Is 100 OK? I think I may be getting into a habit of reving her to high a low speeds or vice versa???

I noticed this yesterday...did a car show about 100 miles from home. Leaving the show heavy heavy traffic and she was glued at 90..no problem. Getting to fwy on ramp under normal driving conditions is when she hit 100. I did an 80 mile fwy stretch with constant speeds between 80 and a couple of runs up to 140 and she stayed cool at 90.

Do you guys who own Diablos notice the same climb to 100 and down to 90? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Owners manual says if it gets up to 110, slow down...lol Any comments?

ps - man I love this car :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Frank

I think we all drive our earlier diablo with our eyes on the oil and water gauges... gauge sounds the same as my car.. One thing i put in my water is a product called water weter. This made a big difference when sitting in traffic.. My gauge now sits always 80 or 90 max..

Carlo

·
Registered
278 Posts
When I first had my car [91 diablo] the temp used to wander a bit, turned out to be a weak header tank cap that was not maintaining system pressure as it should. Now it runs 85-90 in traffic in hot weather where there is a distinct cycle of the guage increasing, fans coming on and then switch back off once back to just over 80. [it does the same thing with the guage reading 90-95 with the headlights on !!!] On the open road runs in the low 80's.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike - Header Tank? You mean the overflow tank? Re: Wetter Water..I was reading the back of a bottle. You can add it to anti-freeze mix or it said for best results, don't use anti-freeze and use Wetter with water only. Which did you do?

·
Registered
136 Posts
fl_355 said:
Mike - Header Tank? You mean the overflow tank? Re: Wetter Water..I was reading the back of a bottle. You can add it to anti-freeze mix or it said for best results, don't use anti-freeze and use Wetter with water only. Which did you do?

Frank

It can get cold in England so i just added it to anti freeze.. on the brochure i have it says about the results with anti freeze or without.. I think anti freeze has a higher boiling point so i just put it in with it... Let us know how you get on.

Carlo

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
carlo said:
Hi Frank

I think we all drive our earlier diablo with our eyes on the oil and water gauges... gauge sounds the same as my car.. One thing i put in my water is a product called water weter. This made a big difference when sitting in traffic.. My gauge now sits always 80 or 90 max..

Carlo
I tried water wetter in my countach without success, radiator relief had a positive effect indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts