Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to purchase a Gallardo Spyder but I've decided to buy a VT roadster instead. For about the same price I can get it now, get a V12 instead of a V10, and they seem to hold their value well. Can anyone help me with the pitfalls of each years production as well as give me an expected fair market value purchase price? I've found several in some publications but they were sold by the time I called. I really like the 99 model and have found one for $215K but the other 99 models I found were between $185K and $195K range. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Call Roy @ 1.866.lamborghini. He can definitely help you out. He provides the best deals and stands behind what he sales. You won't find that at too many places.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You'd need to see Ry's garage to fully grasp his passion for Lamborghini...he finds these deals...then next thing you know...you own a Lamborghini....whic is everything you thought it would be and then some...if you have the means, I highly recommend multiple Lambos !!!

Kaoss

·
Registered
377 Posts
beachbummed said:
I was going to purchase a Gallardo Spyder but I've decided to buy a VT roadster instead. For about the same price I can get it now, get a V12 instead of a V10, and they seem to hold their value well. Can anyone help me with the pitfalls of each years production as well as give me an expected fair market value purchase price? I've found several in some publications but they were sold by the time I called. I really like the 99 model and have found one for $215K but the other 99 models I found were between $185K and $195K range. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I suspect the Gallardo Spyder will hit the market a touch higher than 215k...given the demand for the car and all...from my understanding, that'e even IF you can get your hands on one...from what I've heard, all 250 coming into the states have been spoken for. As for the differences between a Diablo and a G car...you're right, they hold their value extremely well...however, you should compare v-12 to v-12...you can get a great Murcie for the price range you're shopping...not a roadster of course, but a great car...the Diablo is an awesome car, I had a 1999 VT...I made the change to the Murcie...oh my, what a difference...best suggestion I can offer, the 1999 or the 2001 6.0 Diablo is gorgeous, with the new dash, the lines...oh my...the 97-98 DIablo dash as something to be desired...but go drive a Diablo, then a Gallardo, then a Murcie...I guarantee you'l want to go home with the Murcie.

Kaoss

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a 99 VT Roadster and i put a lot of miles on it. So far it has been great. I suggest a rear view cam because the rear view is poor especially when the top is snapped onto the back. I think the front end adjustable shocks are standard, but if not you would want to look for this.

The clutch rod is a problem. I am trying a replacement rod in mine. I hope that will fix the problem.

On a couple hot days i experianced vapor lock after driving 100+ miles. this is supposed to be common amoung early models, but i know otherwise. It corrects itself with time. i was also told some pressure may be released by loosening the gas cap to release pressure afer a long drive (on a hot day). i don't know if it fixed it, but i was able to get on the road soon after each time.

The defroster is tricky. the window fogs severely when it starts to rain or on humid nights in the summer. carefull adjstment of the vents and constant running of the fan will help as long as you leave it on the whole time (if you suspet rain). this is not the same with other cars. I ave other cars and this is the only one with such an issue to this degree. I am trying to find a good antifog application to place on the inside windshield.

The stock wheels in the front dent very easily. I have not tried aftermarket.

The engine cover will warp, more so on the driver side. I have been told this is a design flaw. the cover is too close to the engine and the placement of the removable top limits the ability to cool. The arping is not realy noticed unless it is pointed out. If the cover is not warped, it probably has not been driven for long drives with the top off. there is no aftermarket cover.

seeing a traffic light can be an issue. you will learn to duck to see.

I prefer the look of the new model Diablo. The interior appeals to me more, but this may differ from person to person.

The one feature i needed in mine was the adjustable steering wheel. i have that in mine. i don't think it was available in earlier models.

I have driven the murc and it is easier to drive. The apearance is far more understated. that may be good or bad. I know when mine is parked next to other models in front of a club etc, mine will draw the largest crowd (may be a good or bad thing). the determining factor for me is the removable hardtop. if this is what you want, there is no other choice.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Tim, sounds like your driving a TRUE exotic with all the expected quirks. The way it SHOULD be. :D The roadster does draw traffic, I've lost two concour's in my SV to them. Only one solution, get me one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i like it. i considered trading it in, but i really couldn't find anything else i liked as much. The design (for me) just can't get any better

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tim - Good write up.
FWIW - the early models do have tilt steering (up/down & back/forth).

In 12 months of ownership I have had vapor lock 1 time. If she does not fire right away on a hot day after long driving, give it about 1/4 throttle while cranking and she'll start. Giving gas on an injected car goes against all reason, but it's OK and the owners manual says the same thing.

In lieu of camerea I bought a 18" convex safety mirror made of plexiglass. Made a pattern of the mirrors and cut the convex mirror with a dremel. Used 2 sided tape and placed it over my mirrors. Zero blind spot. Each mirror provides 160 degrees.

Raymond is also right - these are supercars and they all have quirks. You have to remember during the production run they were the fastest production car in the world. You are driving a street legal race car and can not expect the refinement of a "normal" car.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The solution to my '99 roadster's blind spot (when roof is on) is 100% a manual operation and involves asking my girlfriend to stick her head out the passenger window! It normally starts by asking: "Where did Roy go???". :D

-mick

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
NOW NOW..........

You better watch out because when MY NEW 99 TITANIUM hits the road this summer, it will stay right with its beautiful RED BROTHER........

I HAVE no IDEA why I waited so long to get a ROADSTER..........

Noe I have three, what the hell...........

Did I mention I just bought the 97 from Motor Cars International.the blue one with 3800 miles.....on a trucjk out to Milano as we speak, should get there next week, cant wait.......

·
Registered
377 Posts
It'll be a one off 40th Anniversary Edition Murcie...the only one in existence...think that will hurt my resale value?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Heh..... Remember when Bam Margera had that hole cut in the roof of his G- car. Crazy. I guess he had the worlds first g-car "psuedo" Spyder.

Roy Please Please post a pic of your current collection. Your orgional post "Heres my stable" is a bit outdated.

Oh and how was U-2? :headbang:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Raymond is also right - these are supercars and they all have quirks. You have to remember during the production run they were the fastest production car in the world. You are driving a street legal race car and can not expect the refinement of a "normal" car.
No Kidding, if you want a Honda, Buy a Honda!!!!! If you want a Lamborghini, grow a pair a BUY A LAMBORGHINI!!!

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts