Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a PPI, car is fabulous, BUT is there a way to determine clutch wear on a low mile car?

Thanks, Indy

·
Registered
584 Posts
If it's really bad you can feel it slip from a dead stop. If it's "going bad" one way is to punch it and a tall gear on the freeway. Tach goes up and speed stays the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ltadmin said:
What year VT & how many miles & owners??
99, 2100, 2

car drives fine, no slipping in 4th or 5th. pedal effort is light. I know the different feel from many years of Porsche 911/930. most Countach that I have had to replace were slipping, and of course that is always a heavy pedal anyway.

thanks far the replies.

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ltadmin said:
the way you describe the pedal effort it sounds like the clutch is likely fine.
Thank you, my thoughts entirely. I hope it goes to it's new home, then it will be on my books for servicing.

Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
my clutch is always tight , new or used . when it has gone in the past , it just went . no real signs that were extremely obvious . what was terrible was that it just went in and had no tension at all after that . could of been ugly if i was going fast . the clutch i use and have in the past is the burtoni clutch .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.