Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im drove a 99 diablo SV today and it seemed slower than my old 2wd.. The SV has only 11k on the clock but my 2wd had 25k..Is there a reason it should be slower or are some cars just like this. Im buying this car as it is in perfect condition so any help would be gratefull..

Carlo

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Should be faster. More horsepower, I don't think it's any heavier. I wonder if it was hitting on all cylinders.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car does not have cats.. Silenced test pipes and straight through system.. when i get the car back here i will ask you more questions...

Thank you both

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could it be slower becouse the old guy who owns it is in his 70s.. He told me he took it to 5000rpm once!!!!!!!!!

He has a feather duster to clean this thing and i think it has to have a good run...

The 2wd is 485hp and the SV is 530hp.. The SV is if im right over 200kgs lighter..

Frank you may be right but the figures tell different

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
carlo said:
The 2wd is 485hp and the SV is 530hp.. The SV is if im right over 200kgs lighter..
Forget this nonsense, the 2wd was one of the lightest and also fastest Diablos, not 0-60 but else, later versions became heavier, only from 1998 on the cars got 530hp, all before had 492 like the first 2wd's.
I think the US models had even some hp less because of the worse fuel quality...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raymond

I drove a different SV that was quicker than the one im getting.. My friend has a 97 SV that was faster than my 2wd.. Side by side his car had quite a big difference to my old 2wd...

Carlo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts