Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Doing some research on the Diablo SV Monterey Edition.

Wanted to see if I could confirm that the wheels on the car attached below are in fact the factory Monterey edition wheels and not the wheels from the normal 98' SV.

Also, would like to know if all of the examples came from the factory with the SV logo. Specifically the blue cars.

Any and all info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Jake. I'm no expert on the Monterey edition but it is one of my favorites. Did you buy one? The wheels in the pic look original. I believe they only used these on the Monterey Edition. Also, I could be wrong but that looks like member Lfglass's car in the pic. But I think he sold it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jake. I'm no expert on the Monterey edition but it is one of my favorites. Did you buy one? The wheels in the pic look original. I believe they only used these on the Monterey Edition. Also, I could be wrong but that looks like member Lfglass's car in the pic. But I think he sold it.
Thank you both and yes I just did. Going to be restoring the car to as original spec as possible so trying to get ahold of any info/documentation that I can get my hands on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, those are Monterey SV wheels and they were made by Kinessis(not OZ Racing).

Did yours come with Monterey wheels?
Yes they did. Thanks for confirming.

The only other thing I'm not sure of is if it originally came with the SV decal as it doesn't have one on currently. Not sure if some were optioned without or all came with them on from the factory. Seems like the other blue Monterey cars had the silver decal.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Yes they did. Thanks for confirming.

The only other thing I'm not sure of is if it originally came with the SV decal as it doesn't have one on currently. Not sure if some were optioned without or all came with them on from the factory. Seems like the other blue Monterey cars had the silver decal.
Some came with the decal and some didn't. Some owners even took them off the decal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on the car! I’m sure we’d all like to see some pics if you don’t mind sharing. What number is the car?

Here’s a link to a video of the running of the bulls 98 which had some of the Monterey edition cars. It might be helpful. Not sure why you can’t hear them talking. I’ve seen another where you can.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJACgQfP3a8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts