Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good question It's Alan from LAX former car, #15. The service records and repaint discussion is very interesting. Don't really understand the engine rebuild, didn't need it. Money would have been better spent for OEM PPG paint for the repaint, original color was gorgeous. But for a mechanically sound SV, even if its not quite original due to the lackluster repaint, could be a good buy. At the right price, sending it to Driven Exotics for a proper paint job could make sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Roy Cats at Cat's Exotics has a good condition one at $305,000, so I would say definitely no more than that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gold on the outer little bolts are OEM but center lug bolts and cap were silver and black, looked like mismatched jewelry. When I refurbed SV ME #2 in 2013 I had Driven Exotics make it all match, cost me a grand a -1 point at Concorso, and 2nd place

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also the discussion on the "SV graphics" cracks me up A Monterey Ed SV, unless you own one, do not judge the SV "graphics"

·
Registered
119 Posts
This car is the twin to mine for sale. I have to say, without question my TWO OWNER car is probably he finest SV ME car in the USA...if not just plain old the finest late year DIABLO IT needs NOTHING and has tons off historical documents and everything fresh OEM from the factory when it left Italy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well then a strong value on BaT should help your car sell! Agree that your car looks 10X better without the big questions on "repaint/rebuild".

·
Registered
143 Posts
This car is the twin to mine for sale. I have to say, without question my TWO OWNER car is probably he finest SV ME car in the USA...if not just plain old the finest late year DIABLO IT needs NOTHING and has tons off historical documents and everything fresh OEM from the factory when it left Italy.

Roy, how or where can you get chrome wheels restored? My roadster needs that done. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does anyone here have a picture of the car prior to the re-paint?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks. I'm not familiar with "ocean blue" but it appears to have been repainted in the correct shade. I'm a fan of original paint when possible just as much as any other purist and collector, but what's the concern here? That the quality of the re-paint is sub-par?

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,330 Posts
The ocean around the Phi Phi islands of Thailand is green, so maybe the painter was from Thailand 😜

1 - 20 of 56 Posts