Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,431 Posts
I have a 97.0 pre-airbag version so I’m not sure I can help you on the later models. I do have plenty of photos from when I took the wheel off for some work I was doing if you want to see those photos.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 97.0 pre-airbag version so I’m not sure I can help you on the later models. I do have plenty of photos from when I took the wheel off for some work I was doing if you want to see those photos.
Sure - lets see the photos

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I removed my steering wheel in order to get to the decorative surround on the steering column as mine was scratched up. I refinished my surround shield but kept the part OEM importantly because it has the Vin number stamped into it. To remove it you need to remove the steering wheel. See the bottom photos and if you need or want direction on this feel free to PM me. Again, I have a non-airbag car one of the last produced before the airbags in the US were mandated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Also, you will need a steering wheel puller shown in one photo as well as a special nut to remove the lock nut on the steering wheel. Lamborghini sells them for something like $150 but I took a motorcycle clutch socket and a Dremel and created my own. Took an hour and a half!! Happy to lend that out if you need, but I will need it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts