Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have come across a great set of manuals for diablo 99 which the seller is willing to part with for $3500. They are 5 sets of 3 inch thick binders which he says he bought for about $5000, 6 years ago. I have checked the prices on a couple of sites for the cd version and they are retailing for about $250-300. The dealers simply don't have them as they say that everything is online now.

I just want your opinion on whether I should buy them as he claims they are oem or should I go for the cheaper ones from Lambostuff or Italian car parts. If anyone knows can you please let me know how detailed are they as the oem ones the person is selling do look authentic and seem to have everything in them just like alldata. I am just interested in the information not about its OEM quality.

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I have bought the sellers car but he does not want to throw the manuals in as he thinks they are worth quite a bit. I will be picking up the car next week sometime as I am waiting on funds to clear, so I am hoping I have an answer for him by then.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
congrats on the purchase...please post pics after delivery...lots of diablo guys here, unfortunately i'm not one, who i'm sure will chime in with advice on those manuals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, and I sure will as soon as I get possession.

Maybe I will also try posting in the DIY section just in case. If duplicate thread is against the rules here can someone let me know and I will delete one of these threads.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
To me it's kind of like asking for a major premium for a car because it has the original tools. Who cares they're crap, you'd never use them any way, and has nothing to do with the condition of the car which is all important. Reprints of manuals are fine just so long as they have the pertained details. Is one of these manuals a wiring schematic? If not, that makes them even less valuable in my opinion.

Bottom line, there might be a handful of collectors out there that place that kind of a premium on the manuals. You could wait a mighty long time if ever, before you get your money out of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I dont care if they are original or not. To me I would like to know if I can get the same detailed information anywhere else namely lambo power or other sites whether it be a copy or peices of paper just want the technical info, wiring torque specs etc.

To answer your question about wiring yes it has all of them.

I would just like to know if any one out there has bought the manuals from Lambo power or italian car parts so I could get a review of how the manuals were. If there is a better manual out there I would buy it in a heartbeat as they are no where close to $3500.

Thank you for your input.

I just read my post and I can see how it came across as wanting the OEM manuals. I will edit that, sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Okay reconsideration. The wiring schematics are valuable. I don't have them, but I do have re-printed service manuals from Lambostuff. All there as far as I know. I guess I'd consider what he's asking for them depending on what I paid for the car. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
$3500 is what he is asking for them.
If they are available on Lambostuff then I would much rather get it from there or a copy of the reprinted ones for a fraction of the price provided if they are all there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops I was thinking I had a problem with my computer. Thanks for letting me know, as a matter of fact I was searching for it right now again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I believe it is all the wiring schematics technical specs, parts diagrams and I can't remember the other two. It was a whole set in Lamborghini binders as well as a Lamborghini box. I will try to get more info and let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To me- if I cant find the info Im looking to make a repair on my Diablo online somewhere like a forum or google/ internet search/ make a few phone calls,ect- I have no business doing the repair myself. But I have yet to never find out anything info I was looking for free. If I ever have a electrical problem so complicated the I cant figure it out on my own I will take somewhere to get fixed. I have a real nice personal shop that I feel that I could almost do anything in. Like I said- If it were me I would tell the guy to keep his manuels. I can find anything thats in them and more than likely more up to date infromation.

The Diablo isnt built like the spaceship, its still pretty easy to work on. But if I owned the aventador, reventon, murcielago.... I would get the manuels....

Just me....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts