Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have a 01 Diablo 6.0 VT, each time click the fob to lock it, it locks and then unlocks right away. New batteries in the remote, both doors are tightly closed. Also, try to start it and the security acts weird, have to mess with the fob a few times to fire the engine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing, but only sporadically, definitely has to do with the engine immobilizer. Have to turn the key on off like ten times press the unlock button on remote a few times till finally disengages, it has not happened now in over a year I better not have jinxed it :D

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
Mine also did that. I spent heaps of time thinking it was the door locks and strike plate not aligned properly.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
When you all talk of the immobilizer, do you mean the security system box in the tunnel under the ashtray? And also, how did you disable it - simply unplug? Wondering if you had to do anything else other than unplug.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hello, have a 01 Diablo 6.0 VT, each time click the fob to lock it, it locks and then unlocks right away. New batteries in the remote, both doors are tightly closed. Also, try to start it and the security acts weird, have to mess with the fob a few times to fire the engine. Any ideas?
I think it’s designed so that you hold it for 3-5 sec before start, in ignition. And it works right away.

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
The mechanic must have just disconnected it as all the wiring is still there like a plate of spaghetti.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts