Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One blade on the shroud is loose and vibrates during cold start...

I know this is a common thing. What do most people do to tighten it? I was thinking of going to home depot and getting some black caulk and placing a drop on the holding rail. Only concern would be heat melting the caulk..

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had the same problem..

Just pull the shroud off the vehicle (only 2 screws, wont hurt to give it a good cleaning anyways) and lay on a piece of carpet so it wont get scratched. Then examine the shroud and you will see the crimp points on each side of the blade where they are held by each rail. Take something like a large flat blade screw driver and lightly strike it will a hammer to tighten the crimp.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
andrew8896 said:
I had the same problem..

Just pull the shroud off the vehicle (only 2 screws, wont hurt to give it a good cleaning anyways) and lay on a piece of carpet so it wont get scratched. Then examine the shroud and you will see the crimp points on each side of the blade where they are held by each rail. Take something like a large flat blade screw driver and lightly strike it will a hammer to tighten the crimp.

Excellent Tip for curing this problem!!!

A small dab of black silicone on the back after the resnug helps prevent a reacourance!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? You mean they are just "pressed" into place?

Gees, wish I saw the thread sooner... dogh!

Actually, I don't mind taking them off to clean. So far 2 shows and 2 trophys. Next show in a week. Will pull them again and inspect...if any loose will try your method.

Thank You.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.