Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Help..

Just done a clutch change on my diablo reinstaled the engine and i have nothing above 1500rpm when driving.. when car is still it revs freely as normal.. idle is a little up and down but not alot... Does anyone know about the earth strap on the Y manifold... this broke when i undid it for pulling the engine and the connection maybe the problem..

Any help would be appreciated

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me... Drove it again and it is hesitant with a bit of a misfire.. it wont clear but i think its fueling.. puff of black smoke when revved.. im still wondering if that earth on the manifold pipe is doing something with the lamda probe... it does earth through the other side through the system...

Any thoughts

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.. Earthed the other strap. Car idles on 2000rpm.. when the choke goes the revs drop alot.. the rev counter is on 0 to 2500...revs are up and down almost like the rev counter has a bad earth...

Any Thoughts

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your help...

I am fixed now... The wire that is inside the alternator loom had not been connected properly...

Carlo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.