Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really could use some help here. I am trying to replace the MIN & MAX pressure switches in a 6.0L Diablo (I suspect they are the same in all later Diablos). I managed to find the source for the switches in the UK. The URL is:-

http://www.pvl.co.uk/datafaxes/1021 - PMN.pdf

For the MIN switch looks like I need the PMN50-A set to 40 bar. For the MAX switch looks like I need the PMN 150-C set to 80 bar. The problem I have is, I cannot read on my current switches is the Thread type. They are:-

Tread = Marking on switch
1/4 BSP = 1/4P
1/8 BSPT = 1/8
1/4 BSPT = 1/4
M10 X1 = M10
M12 X 1.5 = M12
1/8 NPT = 18NPT
1/8 BSP = 1/8P

Does anybody out there have the side right engine pannel off their Diablo and can read the markings on their switch. (the format is shown in the above .pdf file). Failing that, do any of these numbers seem familiar so I take a shot. The good news is these switches are only about $15 each! I am attaching a photo of the switches as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am not sure what the pressure is because I used the purge fixture to drain about 1 pint slowly. Plus you do not want to risk the switch flying off and hitting something (like you in the face). Just do as I say and use the drain plug on the side and let the oil out and pressure relieved.

aehaas

Smart people learn from their own mistakes.
Very smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is high pressure in the system, I found out by cracking one of my front shock fittings when the car was off, oil sprayed everywhere. In the front compartment behind the trim panel is the accumulater, it has a bleed valve on the top. put a piece of hose on it, into a container, them crack the bleeder to remove pressure.
#4 in picture

Mark

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally Fixed Koni Front Rising System in Diablo

Over a month ago I reported that I had a problem with the Koni Front Raising system in my 6.0L Diablo. I have put some time into studying the system and finally fixed it. Itadmin was correct the problem was with the low pressure oil sensing switch. There is a lot to report so I have written it all up at:-

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Repairs_Repairing Koni_Lifting_System.htm

In case the same thing happens to others they will know what to check. Also do remember even in the "down position" this system still retains a pressure of 250PSI.

Enclose a photograph of the relevent switch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2002 Murcie that has a lift problem when the car is cold and started for the first time. The lift system takes very long to raise and then drops and the light starts blinking. When the car is warm the lift system works fine. Could it be air in the sytem?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The oil is very thick/viscous so pressures are sensitive to temperature. It may be air but it may also be the Min switch is borderline. On mine the symptoms were "spotty" sometimes it worked sometimes it did not until it finally failed. Try bleeding the system if not well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.