Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy either a Diablo (98+) or a Gallardo. I plan to use as a dailey driver but less thank 5K a year. Which of the two is less maintanance? Secondly what type of maintanace is needed for these cars such as major service,expenses, common problems. Whats considered high miles. For those who own these cars please help me make the right decision. I really appreciate anyones help as this will be my first Lamborghini (I've waited a long time). Thank you

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
if you want a daily diver i think gallardo is the better,much more easy to drive and it is a totally new project( but 5 Kmiles aren't so much)
but if you want to stay with the car for many years with a diablo you'll lose less money, remember that in 11 years of life were built less than 3000 Ds( and a V12 2 seater lambo will never lose its appaeal, it is not the same with the V8,and the V10??, i know it because my father had a jalpa )
i really don't know if gallardos are cheaper to live with but i think there is not so much difference
if you are going to take a diablo buy a 6.0: it is rare and very fast and as final version of a legendary car you will ever find a buyer for it :wave:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Daily Driver Comfort - Gallardo
Maintenance - Gallardo or Diablo 6.0
Resale value in 2 years - Diablo 6.0
Insurance - Gallardo
Wow factor - Diablo 6.0
Power factor - Diablo 6.0

There's my opinions, weigh it as you see fit.

-Ben

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Ben your right with the exception of a 6.0 SE. The seats both in form, leather and shape are different, they are also ELECTRIC which makes me say MY 6.)SE is more comfortable than my Gallardo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clutch

How often do you need to replace the clutch. I have seen many for sales with new clutches (car had less than 10K miles). Is it the driver or bad clutches. Thank you all for your information. Soon I will have my Lambo

·
Registered
323 Posts
Best looking exterior: Diablo
Best looking interior: Diablo
Most power: Diablo
Most worth for money: Diablo
Fastest: Diablo

Uhhh, get the Diablo :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts