Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,431 Posts
Geno, I’m no expert on the earlier Diablos so the wing would escape my notice if you’d not measured it. I still don’t see where it is off? If you remove it, you’ll be left with two holes on each side though. Not sure on the factory wingless cars if they have no holes or if it some special cover was placed in the holes? Now, removal of the wing and also the rear bumper would result in an amazing look!

I must say I like the tinted glass on the black body. Sharp.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
On the wing, it just looked visually off. So i had Seth measure his, and indeed the dimensions are different, and i have never seen a wing like this. The rest is just konwledge of having taken another Diablo apart, and using this forum which has been invaluable.
One of these days, someone should have this site, enable posters to supply keywords, such as make/model/year/part/etc. then allow a user to view a graphical representation of the vehicle. The user can then drill down into the part of the car they are working on. They would also be presented with images, part numbers and message posts related to troubleshooting and fixing issues.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Many aftermarket wings have sort of a sag to them instead of an arch. Maybe it’s just less of an arch but it’s noticeable. I didn’t catch it on Geno’s until he brought up that it may not be original but then it was quite apparent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I also have a yellow with Carbonfiber factory wing as well I would consider selling. It came from my 91 Diablo. I am going with a SV wing.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I spoke for over an hour with the prior owner today. Amazing story on the car and the man that bought it over 20 years ago - I took pages of notes to document the car. Like many of us, its a story of personal accomplishment and pride. I also learned the clutch has almost zero miles on it, which I didnt know based on documentation provided.

Then I called Steve @ Driven Exotics to discuss the car. Part of the reason I outsource many things to Steve is that I have access to him and he calls me on a tuesday night if i email him. He said the chain tensioner upgrade was a fairly well run campaign when it became available, and that many owners were contacted to get the upgrade done. So i will be removing the 1-6 bank chain cover to see if the upgrade is there. Also, he noted that main seal leaks were not common, so he told me to check to ensure the source of the oil is the main seal. Bottom line, I might not pull the engine. Even if the main seal is leaking, and tensioners need upgrading (which the upper two can be upgraded insitu), I will probably not pull the engine.

Also, the crew at Evans are invaluable. I bought my exhaust and CV boots from them last week. I could have bought it cheaper, but by giving these guys business they take my calls and help me out along the way.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Diablo owners, treat everyone the way Geno does in the post above and we will all do better for ourselves!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I pulled the exhuast out. The car came with Tubi oval tips, I am going replace with a new Tubi 4 round pipe like my old Diablo, they are not stock but look good.

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
528 Posts
I bought the wing with my 91 Diablo. I was told by the original owner that it was very rare and one off factory wing (Originally he did not want to sell it but charge me $5000 additional for it when I originally purchased the Diablo. I didn't care for a wingless Diablo so I bought it. I have never seen any other wing such as this, I always thought the paintwork was a modification. I am not sure to be honest not even sure what its true value is (hopefully I did not get burned), I really prefer the SV wing. The SV wing looks O SO SEXY on a Diablo. I am looking for a CF SV wing for my 91

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
That wing looks super cool but I’m not sure about the yellow trim unless it goes with the car. Geno, no tickets for the game! Wish I did. go Giants!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I bought the wing with my 91 Diablo. I was told by the original owner that it was very rare and one off factory wing (Originally he did not want to sell it but charge me $5000 additional for it when I originally purchased the Diablo. I didn't care for a wingless Diablo so I bought it. I have never seen any other wing such as this, I always thought the paintwork was a modification. I am not sure to be honest not even sure what its true value is (hopefully I did not get burned), I really prefer the SV wing. The SV wing looks O SO SEXY on a Diablo. I am looking for a CF SV wing for my 91
I’m surprised that SV Diablo wings aren’t available via a DIY 3D printing site. BOM shouldn’t be more than $1k. Double it for the lambo tax.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I can not recall the way the rear lights worked on my other Diablo, but on this car, the clear light on the rear passenger side is activated by the reverse switch. When in reverse, only the passenger clear light is active. The other clear light on teh drivers side comes on with the log lamp switch.

However, there are 2 two prong connectors on each side, meaning you can easily make both clear lights come on with reverse.

Further, when I removed the plastic light assembly, each side has stranded wires for a lower bulb on the orange lens. The top bulb on the orange lens is blinker, but what is teh bottom? Fogs? Strange thing is that its three wire.

Who has information on this. I am thinking of putting both clear lenses on reverse, and wiring the bottom bulb on the orange lens to the fog switch.

any information is appreciated.

Hand Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Grey Bag Automotive design Gas

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine is the same way, one rear light for reverse and one for fog. I don't recall mine having provisions for a second bulb in the rear housings, ill see if i can take a look without disassembly.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thank you for that, upon further investigation, someone has inserted a second bulb in the orange lens likely for the purpose of fogs....

I am going for originality on this car, but i think i will wire these to the fog switch.

Blue Fluid Automotive tire Rim Gas

61 - 80 of 105 Posts