Lamborghini Talk banner

Diablo MLA12195

32941 Views 741 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  SPGlass
On it's way to me.

1991 Black on Tan, bought off market thank god.

Attachments

721 - 740 of 742 Posts

· Registered
91 Diablo
825 Posts
That's great. Good for you Geno. Paying it forward. I wish more people would do this sort of thing. I was only ever allowed to sit in one Ferrari as a kid at a local dealership. My Diablo was the first Lamborghini I ever sat in. I now go out of my way to give people, especially kids, the opportunities that I didn't have when I was younger and less fortunate. It makes me happy seeing others doing that too.

· Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
when i was a kid at 16, i worked at a texaco pumping gas, changing tires, and doing oil changes. there was a local plumber who lived in the town trailer park (it was that sort of town), and he had a testarossa. We were the only gas station for miles, and we had recessed hoist that made it possible for him to get his TR on the rack. The gas station was open until midnight, he would come down around 10 o'clock and I let him use the rack to work on his car. in exchange he would take me for rides, and drive me to school from time to time. i remember thinking "well if a plumber has a ferrari, i can have one too".

· Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
Well the clutch is slipping under very heavy acceleration, so the motor is coming out. The prior owner told me the clutch was fairly new, so I think it might be oil on the clutch face caused by leaky rear main or trans seals, but who knows.

the throw out bear and clutch disc are NLA anywhere that I can find, but:

Italian Car Parts in West Linn Oregon will refinish the clutch disc and pressure plate, resurface flywheel and rebuild the TO bearing, and

GTE engineering will do the same, but not the TO bearing.

Has anyone gone this route?

721 - 740 of 742 Posts