Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,429 Posts
Interesting. The speedometer stops at 160 when your car can do nearly 200. I wonder how many of these they sold? I’m betting the answer is somewhere close to zero?

·
Registered
479 Posts
It looks well done but just doesn’t fit the car at all. I wonder if anyone ever bought one. Am I correct in remembering it was the owner of the gauge company that owned the car?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
the amout of engineering/fitiment required must have been quite a bit. it was sort of built into the pod, and it was either destroy/take apart the unit, or risk tearing the leather on the pod, so i wasted the unit. Yes, the owner of that company was the owner of my car.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
and very fortunately, the builder used OEM connections, so plugged the OEM unit back in and it works perfect.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The cut off switch behind drivers seat is disabled (probably something to do with the starship gauge package). It looks like prior owner just put all the power leads on one terminal.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of how the three thick wires connect? I am sure I can easily figure it out, but if anyone has pic handy that would be helpful. Seth, your motor is out so you could snap a shot easily enough? :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
The cut off switch behind drivers seat is disabled (probably something to do with the starship gauge package). It looks like prior owner just put all the power leads on one terminal.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of how the three thick wires connect? I am sure I can easily figure it out, but if anyone has pic handy that would be helpful. Seth, your motor is out so you could snap a shot easily enough? :cool:
Motor is out along with everything else including that switch! I think I have a pic though. Let me look back.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thanks guys, i just looked mine are up there too, but they dont work (sounds like a duck farting, or something like that). The horns by the battery must be a legacy alarm system.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Here is a list of items that need attention:

Body / Suspension
  • Non original wing, not sure what I am going to about this, its either go wingless or source an OEM wing (NLA).
  • Wheels are perfect, but the barrels disassembly and polishing
  • Passenger front reflector missing (replaced with one from a Chevy Blazer (?)
  • Exterior door handles need refinishing and new gaskets
  • Both door buttons cracked
  • Exterior mirrors inoperable
  • Gas cap motor inoperable
  • Windows tinted – originally I thought I would remove it, but it’s very darth vadar
  • Drivers rear tail light out
  • Passenger front fog light out – but blink to pass works! (didn’t on my other Diablo)
  • passenger front headlight out
  • Front lower frunk pans partially rusted, but the sides aren’t. I would bet any Diablo that has ever seen the rain has those parts rusted.
  • Two lower front panels (under fogs) are missing.
  • Horn inoperable (sounds like someone stepping on a sick duck)
  • Cheap plastic amp surround broken
  • Later market drop in carpet piece (vs original individual carpet pieces
  • Brake master cyl. needs attention
  • Suspension components look good (no cracking)
  • Red painted calipers needs to be returned to OEM finish
  • Need to remove VT badging
Interior
  • Interior is in generally good shape, I am going to pull it all out for a leatherique. Tan with tan piping.
  • I already put the gauge cluster back in, but it needs refinishing and all mounting parts are missing, including the highly useless piston pod lifter
  • Dash leather pulling up on front dash
  • Tweeter surrounds missing, secured to dash with drywall screws (?)
  • Cut off switch inoperable (fixed)
  • Original Alpine amp, but all other components after market, amp changer in rear box, all inoperable
  • Central locking not working
  • Refinish steering wheel surround (with VIN), but its not cracked
  • Drivers window inoperable, passenger slow as molasses
  • Drivers door handle broken
  • Carpets need deep cleaning
  • Center console needs refinishing
Engine
  • I cleared all the codes after getting the OEM dash back in place, and fired it up. The only codes are 12 blink – TPS sensor. Been there, done that.
  • Engine started building temperature fast, no fans came on, so that needs to be sorted as first order of business.
  • There are no records of a recent service, and no records of upgraded chain tensioners. Rear main seal shot, differential axel seals blown, pan gasket leaking, oil coming from many places – so I am going to pull the motor and do it all including new clutch, valve adjustment, etc.
  • All four gas filters on order
  • Vacuum hoses, fuel hoses, rad hoses are all OEM and cracked.
  • Plug wires and coil leads cracked and needing replacement (hoping I have a brass dizzy cap, but haven’t checked).
  • All four CV boots cracked
  • Clutch slave needs attention
  • PO replace engine lid struts with way too strong pistons
  • Current exhaust is Tubi with Tubi test pipes, and tubi oval tips. I am going back to the best setup (IMO), which is the quicksilver sport exhaust and quicksilver silencers. I also ordered tubi four tip exit pipes, like on my old Diablo – they look sharp.
Otherwise she is good to go!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's a pretty damn good list Geno! Nothing too serious though. Will you be doing the engine work yourself or sending it out?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Seth, not sure on the engine work. I am just going to take care of everything else first, and see where i am at that point. I figure its easily 6 month of work at the rate I go.

What information is available on the chain tensioners. What's the failure mechanism on the early cars does anyone have any good information?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
On the wing, it just looked visually off. So i had Seth measure his, and indeed the dimensions are different, and i have never seen a wing like this. The rest is just konwledge of having taken another Diablo apart, and using this forum which has been invaluable.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts