Lamborghini Talk banner
421 - 440 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
I bought my last diablo from george evans, funny eough its still listed for sale on his website.

I also bought my last quicksilver set up from him, and have had various other interactions with Evans Automotive over the last few years. I usually work with TIm, who is a great guy and has always been super helpful.

I also bought my new quicksilver set up from Evans, and after not being able to get it to fit i sent an email, pictures and videos to TIm. Low and behold, I get a call from the master, George.

He basically said the quicksilver system always bolts up perfect, and he said someone likely adjusted the Y-Pipes off the headers to align with the tubi system. So basically, I just need to loosen up the collector pipes off the header so the they align with the quicksilver setup. I feel stupid for not thinking about this already, but its a pretty simple solution loosening up the y-pipes.

In any case, it was really cool to talk to George. He said the market is going through the roof (obviously), and he has dozens of customers looking for diablos and was also going about some of the engine builds the shop has in progress.

·
Registered
678 Posts
That crossed my mind but without have the setup in front of me I can’t picture how that would affect it. How much can you really reposition those given they are a Y? You can only slide them in or out correct? Hopefully it works but don’t feel stupid for not thinking that!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
There is about 1/4' of movement on each side if you loosen the y-pipes, however not nearly enough to get that quicksilver exhaust to come anywhere near fitting without stressing the headers. I am temporarily giving up on that, and going back to the Tubi, which bolts up perfectly.

I bead blasted the exhaust clamps, put new studs in, and new anti-vibration bolts
ordered new flange gaskets
new donuts from IPD (Volvo)
put a little copper gasket sealer on the donuts.

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Font

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
For the very early diablos, the oil breather tank is located behind the passenger side airbox, not in the valley of the V12.

There are no parts diagrams for this setup that I am aware of.

Can someone with an early diablo (like Jay) help me determine if, and which vacuum line goes onto this nipple shown in the second picture
. I think it is the most forward vacuum line coming off the 1-6 bank, but would like to confirm. Thank you in advance,

Geno

Table Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Creative arts

Automotive tire Hood Wood Floor Flooring

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
Thank you Jay for the txt photos. Your car is the reference point for originality! Either of the vacuum sources off the 1-6 manifold will work.

All fluids are back in the car, filled with gas, ready to fire up!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
As i posted a while ago, this car had a demobilier installed, wired to cut off the fuel pump relay. I removed it,and rewired it back to original (I think), but there is no power to the fuel pumps when the starter is engaged.

It does get momentary power to the fuel pumps for a few seconds when the key is turned on, but when you roll to the starter position there is no power to the pumps.

Someone earlier posted the early 91 WSM including the wiring diagrams, but can not read them very well.

IF someone has these sheets, and can snap a photo of this i would appreciate it.

its on the injection TAV.

Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
327 Posts
As i posted a while ago, this car had a demobilier installed, wired to cut off the fuel pump relay. I removed it,and rewired it back to original (I think), but there is no power to the fuel pumps when the starter is engaged.

It does get momentary power to the fuel pumps for a few seconds when the key is turned on, but when you roll to the starter position there is no power to the pumps.

Someone earlier posted the early 91 WSM including the wiring diagrams, but can not read them very well.

IF someone has these sheets, and can snap a photo of this i would appreciate it.

its on the injection TAV.

View attachment 308785
Hello Geno ,

I don’t know if this information is helpful , but you can try . My car is 94 VT, the fuse box and relay should be still the same as Pre 93 for this fuel pump related portion . I track the wiring and drew up the picture below .

R20 (3 in the picture) gets power from R27 (2 in the pic) pin 86 , and pin 86 gets power from your key. It could be just the relay R27 issue . The R27 located at the rear engine fuse box check that first.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
Thank you guys for taking the time to post pictures. Unfortunately the early cars are much different. I have those manuals, but they are different enough that I am chasing my tail. OldSouth replied, but his car is 3 hours away, and the manuals are with the car. I think it has something to do with the statement in the manual that shuts off teh fuel pumps if the motor stops running but the key is in the run position. This is a safety measure to stop the pumps from pumping fuel if you get into an accident. It must supply (or not) a 12v trigger to the relay in the event the engine isnt running (or the LIE thinks its not becuase of a faulty wire). I have two wires coming from the LIE pin 28 that have 12V temporarily for 2 seconds, but they turn off after the 2 second fuel pump prime, and they dont come on when the ignition switch is activated.

421 - 440 of 473 Posts