Lamborghini Talk banner
381 - 400 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Assuming it's a match I will just do touch ups on the seats, center console, handbrake and sill panels. There are a several spots that will need crack filler but nothing too serious.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Assuming it's a match I will just do touch ups on the seats, center console, handbrake and sill panels. There are a several spots that will need crack filler but nothing too serious.
your interior looks to be in better condition than mine, the only place i could scab a bit of leather to match was from under the seat, and that color is substantially different (not worn) than the seats.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Pulled axles out, on the passenger side I needed a 5 foot breaker bar, after soaking, rattle gun and heat.
Happy to see you got them out. Sounds like they put up quite a fight!

your interior looks to be in better condition than mine, the only place i could scab a bit of leather to match was from under the seat, and that color is substantially different (not worn) than the seats.
I cut a piece off of the handbrake handle since I'm re-skinning it anyway. The top of the handle is the only place that appears to have been touched up.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
pretty easy if you 1) know what to do (thank you Vet_Lars) and 2) have a hoist

i am sure i eventually would have figured it out, but you cant see much, so the pointers from vetlars were great help

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
as already posted the very most forward leather dash piece was shunken beyond salvage, so i had a new piece made. The leather on the big dash part had also pulled away on the leading edge towards the front windsheild. I spent a ton of time softening the leather, and gluing it back in place which worked well, there was just enough leather to wrap back around, the hardest part was gettting the leather glued back down. Overll it turned out well, definately not perfect, there are a few scratches and unevenness in the leather but lets just call that "patina"

Wood Automotive tire Flooring Floor Kitchen utensil

Shoe Hood Automotive tire Black Glove

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 ·
yes, i put new bolts from mcmaster carr and drilled them for safety wire. I am going to wire them up after i put them back on and torque the bolts. This probably isnt needed, but going to do it anyway.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
the differential fill plug bolt stripped, I have never used those harbor freight bolt extractors, but they work really well, came right out with a completely stripped head. Replaced with Dorman M18x1.5

Differential fluid replaced with Liqui Moly 85W-90 GL-5
Gearbox fluid replaced with Red Line MT 90W Gear Oil GL-4
Oil replaced with Valvoline VR1 Racing SAE 20W-50 High Performance High Zinc Motor Oil
Oil filter Baldwin BT292

·
Registered
644 Posts
Gino......

Amazing job on your seats and dash, I am hoping to start the the crack repairs in my seats soon as well. Curious about seat removal, I can feel/see the bolts on the seat rails in the front but dont see the bolts in the back. Any suggestions where to find them? Was your seat removal easy? I am sure the seat rails will be the same for all year Diablo's. I hope to do the work on my 6.0. Also how would you address dimples in the leather as in the potential dimples caused by the foam under the leather. Following your upholstory/leather progress closely.... Amazing job and thank you!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
The water system is complete. I didnt touch the waterpump (not leaking)

new long hoses to heater core

pressure test, clean and paint radiators

drain petcock installed (similar to lamboweb write-up)

replaced upper plastic wingnuts with new unit from pelican parts
Radiator Drain Plug in Center Radiator (10 X 1.5 mm)(Porsche)(m)
Part #: 996-106-901-00-M6

New HPS silicon hoses
4 - HTSC-138 (35mm x 76mm) these are for the radiators
1 - HTSC-162 (41mm x 76mm) for the upper water pump
1 - HTSC-200 (51mm x 76mm) for teh lower water pump

Wood Electronic instrument Automotive exterior Audio equipment Flooring

Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

381 - 400 of 480 Posts