Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats Gino!!! This must be like deja vu for you!!!!!! I am also impatiently waiting for mine to arrive as well

CCIE

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,429 Posts
Welcome back to the club! Your neighbors must think you got your car fixed and returned to you as it looks exactly like your old one.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
While this Diablo needs alot of work, here are the good points:

1) Price

2) Price

3) 20k miles, same owner for last 20 years, the car was sparingly used during his ownership (which is good and bad)

4) I had a leak down and compression test done prior to purchase, and its a strong, well sealed motor. It runs much smoother and idles better than my other Diablo

5) Transmission is butter smooth, my old Diablo shifted like a sears riding lawn mower

6) Engine bay and interior seems all original, and makes me realize how unoriginal my old Diablo was

7) fit and finish of the panels, door closure, frunk closing, engine bay cover all fit so much better. As much time and effort as i put into my old car, the bones were very old and well used.

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
251 Posts
Sounds solid. What does it need to make ‘road worthy’?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Was a digital dash an option on the early Diablos? :cautious:

I should have said the interior was mostly original except for this bad idea.....

God only knows what wiring mess is lurking behind this piece of work.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm sure that was someones masterpiece when they did that but that just looks hilarious now! Hopefully they made it so it was just plug and play.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
the main problem i am having now, is that i cant figure out how its mounted in there.....

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,429 Posts
Geno, the photo is a little blurry when I zoom in so I can’t tell if those are original OEM gauges just lit up with blue LED lights or if those gauges are entirely new? Interesting that if they are entirely new they would be compatible with Lamborghinis GFA. Do you plan on buying new gauges to convert it back to OEM?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
no GFA in the early cars.

its an entire new/created unit, and i have the old one, so it going to be a matter of removing it and figuring how modified the wiring is behind it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
seen better here.

Exhaust is tubi test pipes, tubi exhaust, and tubi oval tips. I will be replacing all of it.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts