Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,431 Posts
Geno, congrats on the new Beastie! So glad you are back in a Bull. May it bring you much joy and run like a champ always.

oh, and more details and pics please!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I’m happy it worked out Geno! It’s funny how similar that car is to your last Diablo. I just realized it’s only 22 cars off in production. I can’t wait to hear more about it and see more pics!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I’m happy it worked out Geno! It’s funny how similar that car is to your last Diablo. I just realized it’s only 22 cars off in production. I can’t wait to hear more about it and see more pics!
Curious, how can 22 be determined from the vin?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats Geno, does the car have gray mirrors?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The VIN on my old Diablo was 12173, this car is 12195 = 22 cars off in production. My old car had the grey mirrors painted over, so does this one. I will probably be returning that to original at some point. Does anyone have the specs on that paint? I had some overspray on on my old Diablo i probably could have matched it. Steve @ Driven Exotics told me he has the paint matched perfectly.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seth, thank you for looking out for me, and sending me the eBay ad.

Guys, one morning Seth sent me a text with a link to an eBay listing for this car. The listing was two really bad pictures and only a few words. A few hours later, the seller took the ad off eBay and I couldnt find it. But i had enough information to work on, and I tracked him down and made it very easy for him to sell me the car.

If you hadn't sent me that eBay ad, I never would have this car - thank you brother.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You're very welcome Geno. I was happy to help! I wish I had bought it myself though! I saw the listing come up and and it was so similar to your last Diablo it just felt like it was meant to be even though I knew you were looking at getting a 6.0. Wasn't your last Diablo in Columbus too?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, my other Diablo I bought from George Evans in Columbus. Oddly enought it's still listed on his website for sale.

And this Diablo, like my other also likely has some pan rust in the front from the salty roads.....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wait..... Why does it have VT on the rear grill? Also, what exhaust is that? I feel like you may have said it was and Al Burtoni but I don't remember for sure.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At some point in the cars life, someone put a VT badge on it. That will be the first thing to go!

It's got a Tubi with test pipes (I think), and those tips look like Tubi oval tips, but not sure. I am going to remove that exhaust and go with Quicksilver sport, Quicksilver silencers, and Tubi round 4-tips on the exit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Would be great to get the right colour code (compostion) of the grey paint of the early Diablo mirrors.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you to all my Diablo brothers. Car should arrive in a week or so. And agree on the paint code. I will attempt to get that matched and report results.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts