Lamborghini Talk banner

1521 - 1540 of 1554 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
977 Posts
Those are beyond cool! I have been exactly where you are though without such a car. Great idea on location. you really have sorted your car out so nicely it looks pristine.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,529
good catching up - can't wait to come back up to Seattle and take a ride in either car, and go visit Roy to see his SV which I should NOT even be considering.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,530
TommyBalboni - here is the video I promised. It doesn't even come close to capturing the sound - shot on a cheap phone, but the best I could do.

the second clip I am getting wheel spin in the tunnel, couldn't get the rears to hook up - cold and a bit of dampness in the air.

The third clip, I had about 1000 rpm left before redline.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!! The reverberation off the tunnel walls is FANTASTIC !!!. Glad you didn't have to exceed the 25MPH limit in the tunnel to get that clip :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Thank you, It could not sound better.

TommyBalboni - here is the video I promised. It doesn't even come close to capturing the sound - shot on a cheap phone, but the best I could do.

the second clip I am getting wheel spin in the tunnel, couldn't get the rears to hook up - cold and a bit of dampness in the air.

The third clip, I had about 1000 rpm left before redline.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,537 (Edited)
The central locking on my Diablo has never worked. I was able to get the gas cap latch to work, but the drivers key, and two interior buttons did nothing to lock the two doors (only the gas door).

Power was flowing to and from the drivers side actuator, but the actuator isn't moving.

I pulled it out, and its a sealed unit (I am going to crack it open), and I can hear a little motor in there that's probably shot. Very flimsy unit.

On Lamborghini sources (eurospares and bullstuff), its $200-250 per actuator. The label on the side says DEI524F, I googled that and you can buy for less than $20 free shipping.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,538
This is not an original unit, its date stamped 2003. I took it apart and the little motor is fried. If these were $200 per side I would replace the motor.

Does anyone have any information on the original early Diablo units? There is a different part number for left and right, but the part above is universal (ie, there is only one). I am going to take the other door panel off and see what is behind there.

These seem to be a universal door lock for many applications, if anyone has any information i would appreciate it, otherwise i will figure it out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I was wondering what the 5 wires was for.
Are the Black, Brown & White wires go to a switch? Is it a position sensor? How is it used in doors?
If I can find some time I will take my door panel off and see what's behind there

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,540
5 wires. one dedicated ground. 2 wires feeding constants 12V to drivers door. When you push the lock, unlock or turn key, it sends 12v the other way (to the other door). All that worked on my switch, but motor is burned out. There is a contact switch when the piston throws all the way that trips the switch to move power the other way. That is all I know at this point.

1521 - 1540 of 1554 Posts