Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1542 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's fantastic! Congrats!! I also used Plycar to transport my Diablo and Nick was great to deal with.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and wishing you lots of fun miles ahead.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for a set of cats to buy, rent or borrow. I need to get this thing through CA smog. If anyone has any leads, let me know. Or if someone has a set lying around i can borrow that would be great, will leave a deposit.

Geno

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set taken off of a low mile 91, you can borrow or buy, but you would need to cover packing and shipping (both ways?) from Ohio.

Gang, what's a fair price to sell?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided the first project is to pull the seats and most of the carpet pieces to deep clean everything. Over the interior is a 7 out of 10, that will probably clean up to an 8.5 with some work.

I am going to give the seats the leatherique, and minor re-dye on the black piping. Does anyone know, are the dots black in the daytona circle patterns?

Seat had never been out, found a bunch of interesting things under them. One of the allen bolts was stripped and stuck in pretty well, had to dremel a slot and use and impact wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I decided the first project is to pull the seats and most of the carpet pieces to deep clean everything. Over the interior is a 7 out of 10, that will probably clean up to an 8.5 with some work.

I am going to give the seats the leatherique, and minor re-dye on the black piping. Does anyone know, are the dots black in the daytona circle patterns?

Seat had never been out, found a bunch of interesting things under them. One of the allen bolts was stripped and stuck in pretty well, had to dremel a slot and use and impact wrench.
Sounds like she is in good hands:tleft:

It will be interesting to follow your progress. I have a similar story as I've recently purchased a '98 and I'm also going through it with a fine tooth comb:cheers:

·
Registered
512 Posts

I have noticed how easy it is to get those seat mounting screws misaligned. Go slow reinstalling them. They're cheap too, so I just ended up replacing most of them anyway.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have noticed how easy it is to get those seat mounting screws misaligned. Go slow reinstalling them. They're cheap too, so I just ended up replacing most of them anyway.
I stripped two on my Jalpa as well. I think the grime just settles in over time and glues them in place...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Oh, I just meant that inevitably the seat isn't perfectly aligned the first time you set it down and it's more mass to tweak by a few mm than just a little screw, so the hole in the rail can end up unknowingly nudging the screw sending it a little off kilter.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys thanks alot. I will post more pictures when I get her cleaned up.

I spent a few hours trying to get the driver seat out, all four bolts stripped at some point, and 3 of them had grooves cut in the allen heads with no luck, so am going to grind all the bolts out....

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I pulled all the carpet out of the car, and steam cleaned each piece at least 3 times to get the grime out. There were buckets of dirty water getting all the dirt out, stains everywhere but they turned out very nice.

The side and rear bulkhead pieces had lost adhesive, so I reset them all.

here are a few shots of the grime

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The seats too two full slathering in leatherique, and come back to life nicely, although still some re-dying to do. I am thinkinof the best approach if anyone has any ideas let me know

before

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The rest of the interior is getting the leatherique as well. If you have ever used the product, the first stage lifts the dirt out of the leather, you put the parts in a bag, or part the car in the sun, and its saunas the dirt out.

the interior was so dirty, the dirt was coming up without even sitting, not sure if you can tell in the attached picture or not.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1542 Posts