Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96" Diablo and the driver side window suddenly will not go up or down ? Other side works fine.

Switch problem ? Fuse problem ?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
it looks like the 96 had the same lifter. when you push the button does it make a racket or is it quiet? if it makes a racket, its the lifter. If quiet, swap switches out. I had a bad switch onces. If that doesnt work, pull the door apart and put 12v to the riser motor. report back results.

·
Registered
76 Posts
After swapping the switches / checking fuses, and you find no change, maybe you could remove the door panel and put a multimeter on the wiring to the motor. This is how I found that I had weak voltage to the motor and it wouldn't budge.
I almost replaced the regulator thinking it was the issue until I checked voltage. As a temporary fix, I cleaned all my terminals until I can repair properly (subjective) using the innovative "fix" devised by another member: Power window fix for Jalpa and all older lamborghini

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sometimes the wires that go between the door and the A pillar where it bends a lot and they can snap.
This is correct awser in my opinion. Adding relay or box that change voltage is not fixing actual issue. I would go backwards from regulator wire and see where voltage drops and change/fix that part.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drivers Door panel was removed and the motor was taken apart - cleaned - put back - tested - works like new..........

Thanks for all the info..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts