Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard if you cut the frame, you can change the clutch without pulling the motor. Is this true?
If this is true, why doesn't one of the sponsors make an aftermarket kit that adds a bolt on connector in place of the frame piece that was cut. I would be a buyer and I am sure many would be buyers. It could redefine on how clutches are changed in Lambos.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
flhomesite said:
I heard if you cut the frame, you can change the clutch without pulling the motor. Is this true?
Yea and I've seen one of these cut frames. Looked more like a criminal act then anything else to me :(

-mick

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still believe that part of the frame can be cut and replaced with a bolt on part. Pulling the tranny would be a piece of cake.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe some of us do not like the idea of having the motor pulled out of our cars. It leaves a good chance for the finish to get sratched.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
flhomesite said:
I just think it is rediculous that brace is not removable. Access to the tranny is so easy.
The frame member that you are referring to is going to be dealing with length ways stretching and compression and well as twisting. I seriously doubt that any "temporary" brace could offer the same level of structural support - especially the twisting. The structural integrity of a square pipe welded to a square pipe is going to be impossible to come close to any other way.

The car I was witness to had the frame part cut and totally missing. Car had some serious problems (vibration) as a result - go figure.

-mick

PS My favorite part was that frame was cut by a Ferrari joint. Not even sure the Diablo owner knew what had happened.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You Should Go To Jail

I Have Removed Atleast 150 + Lambo Engines If You Have The Right
Tools & Know How It Is Very Easy. But When You Cut That Pice Out
The Rest Of The Chasis Will Settle Into A New Place With Out The
Support, Even If You Put It Back Chasis Will Never Be Back In Orig.
Place. When We See Cars That Have Been Hacked We Do Not Recomend
That Car For Purchace & Will Not Take As Trade In. Do The Job As Lambo Recomends, There Are Reasons Why Things Are What They
Are Even If You Dont See It.
THE PHOTS ARE OF A GTR THEY CUT AWAY THE CARBON CENTER CONSOL
& REMOVE GEAR BOX. I HAVE WORKED ON MULTY GTRS, SOME HAVE BEEN CUT AWAY SOME NOT. THE ONES THAT HEAVE BEEN CUT DONT GET AS
MUCH AT TIME OF SALE, DO NOT ALLOW SOME ONE TO DO THIS TO YOUR
CAR WILL MAKE NOISE & OTHER PROB.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Jeff,

could you tell us where you removed 150+ Lambo engines ?

A garage in Germany removes also the center tunnel to remove the gearbox, they say it costs less time than removing the engine although the have to remove most of the interior.

BTW: is it possible to write normal, not with capital letters only?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clutch Repl.

I Work At A Large West Cost Dealer For Six Years, We Do More
Repairs Then Most. To Remove The Gear Box Thru The Inside You
Must Remove Most Of The Inside Of The Car & Cut The Center Consol
Open. Then You Must Resucure The Pice You Cut Out. Who Would Want There Lambo Cut Open. The Engine R/r Is Not Hard And Fits
Back Into Place Better Then The Interior. Trust Me I Have Removed
Many Interiors And Without Alot Of Care The Panels Wont Fit As Well & More Squeeks & Rattles. Plus With Engine Out You Can Make Sure
That The Clutch And Tob. Are Mounted & Torq. With Ease.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I tend to agree with jeff on this. However I have seen a Murcie R-GT with its central tunnel off. This team had Reiter Engineering technicians working on it. Since Reiter did the development work on the R-GT for Automobili is the detachable central tunnel a normal feature in the R-GT? Didn't bother to ask the technicians about it at the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts