Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to have a bad switch that turns on my interior lights (door switch is OK) the bad switch is the one in the center consol..

The parts book appears to show that it pulls straight out..I'm not sure about that..inside the box there is a circuit board with 4 screws and I removed them but it still does not want to budge.. Anybody change one of these?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I changed my hazard switch - was a while ago and I thought it pulled out??? I still have the old switch - can take another look at it on the weekend to see if that refreshes my memory.

-mick

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Here are some close up pics of my old hazard switch (had my girlfriend email them to me). You can see how it has the three circuit board prongs that plug into the back of the switch block. Damned if I can recall exactly how it came out as I did some work on the climate bank too and I think I'm getting the two mixed up in my thoughts. But I thought I took the top off the switch as it pops off easily (see pics) and then used a small screw driver to push back two catches (one either side) to get it out.

-mick

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mick - I'm not even going to ask why you're G/F has these pix *lol

Thanks - that's great... Yes, I got the cap to pop right off. I know what you mean about the clips..I think you have to push them in and pull the switch up at the same time...

I sprayed some contact cleaner on the connections of the plugs... seems to be OK for now. If not, I'll pull the switch again and add a detail write up with photos to this thread.

One local mechanic told me you can't do it and you have to change the entire consol... That's the same guy who forgot to bleed my rads (see my other thread)... so much for him. He's history.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
255 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. Looking to replace my hazard light switch. Could someone clarify how to remove the old one? There are no pics associated with these older posts. Where are these 'clips' and how do you release them? I'm hesitant to pry anything sharp along the edges and bugger up the console.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,490 Posts
Bonehead, the hazard switch is part of a switch panel that has 10 buttons on the face. That entire panel comes out but it does not pull straight out, you need to remove the tunnel cover with the four screws visible. In order to get there you will most likely have to take your stereo head unit out and disconnect the switches and what have you prior to getting to that part. Don’t be discouraged it’s it all very straightforward and pretty easy to be honest; just take lots of photos and take your time. I have extensive write up on this and have taken that box literally apart.

The bigger question is why are your hazard lights not functioning? The switch box itself as you will see is pretty much solid state with the only moving pieces the actual switches. The hazard light of all of them should be the one with the least use and therefore should not have mechanically broken leading me to think you may have a ground wire issue or some other electrical issue preventing your hazards from operating properly.
See my thread here:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If you keep pressing that button and then it works, issue is in button, they can be fixed by bendind little spring inside.

But if button (hazards) do not work even by keeping button pressed, issue is somewhere else.

You remove that button panel:

• Remove ash tray, small screws bottom of it and lift it off.
  • by hand or little aid of tool, remove "paperclip" type clip that keeps button panel attached to sorround, it is under there, so do not try to pry panel off, you will brake it.

But, panel itself does not offer much help, if you are not sure it is button itself, there really is not much in it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bonehead, the hazard switch is part of a switch panel that has 10 buttons on the face. That entire panel comes out but it does not pull straight out, you need to remove the tunnel cover with the four screws visible. In order to get there you will most likely have to take your stereo head unit out and disconnect the switches and what have you prior to getting to that part. Don’t be discouraged it’s it all very straightforward and pretty easy to be honest; just take lots of photos and take your time. I have extensive write up on this and have taken that box literally apart.

The bigger question is why are your hazard lights not functioning? The switch box itself as you will see is pretty much solid state with the only moving pieces the actual switches. The hazard light of all of them should be the one with the least use and therefore should not have mechanically broken leading me to think you may have a ground wire issue or some other electrical issue preventing your hazards from operating properly.
See my thread here:
If you keep pressing that button and then it works, issue is in button, they can be fixed by bendind little spring inside.

But if button (hazards) do not work even by keeping button pressed, issue is somewhere else.

You remove that button panel:

• Remove ash tray, small screws bottom of it and lift it off.
  • by hand or little aid of tool, remove "paperclip" type clip that keeps button panel attached to sorround, it is under there, so do not try to pry panel off, you will brake it.

But, panel itself does not offer much help, if you are not sure it is button itself, there really is not much in it.
Sorry, gentleman. I should clarify. The hazard switch is perfectly functional. The faceplate, however, has gone AWOL. I've looked everywhere. In and under the seats, pulled carpet, even in the shift gate to see if it fell in there. Nothing. Briefly looked into trying to get it 3-D printed, but getting a one off piece done is more trouble and cost than it's worth. So, I sourced a new switch, albeit with the 'unlock' icon printed on it. Purchased the replacement stickers from Lambostuff which I would just apply on top. Figured I'd just replace the entire switch instead of prying off the faceplate. Although, now that sounds like the easier option.
Vehicle Gas Electronic device Auto part Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Oh! In that case access the switch panel and remove the switch to replace it. You’ll see that it’s relatively straightforward and you should be able to do that in 20 minutes once the box is in your hand.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh! In that case access the switch panel and remove the switch to replace it. You’ll see that it’s relatively straightforward and you should be able to do that in 20 minutes once the box is in your hand.
So, still requires removal of the entire tunnel cover?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Oh you mean those... don't loose them, buttons themself are regular from other cheaper cars, but part you lost it the one you have to order from Lamborghini. No need to remove button or panel for that.
I don't press buttons from middle.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Mikal, do you mean those buttons can be lifted off with the box still in the car? I don’t recall that to be the case but then again I’ve never changed the face of one of those buttons. Also, what do you mean that you never press the button from the center? Does that imply that pushing the button straight down causes an issue?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If understand correct, you are just missing label on top of that button?

I awoid pressing buttons from center because label flexes and will come off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If understand correct, you are just missing label on top of that button?

I awoid pressing buttons from center because label flexes and will come off.
Correct. Just the label is missing. The rest of the button is intact and functional.
So, can this be removed from the panel without removing the entire box?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts